Strange message on boot up

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this message means please :

Parser Message
Value Creation Failed "At Line 45

I've just started getting a box with this message in it everytime I boot up. Have to press cancel on the box 5 or 6 times for it to go past it. Then it goes to the log on / password screen which I have never had up before either.

I am using XP Pro with SP2

you probably answerd your own question with the bit about SP2 its beta, so expect problems, uninstall SP2 and cross your fingers, otherwise format c: /q and insert the xp cd for a full reinstall ;)

Agree with GoNzO, "SP 2" (not even beta yet) may be the problem.

If I remember correctly you get this message when there is no valid logonui.exe file found or the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon UIHost
points to the wrong file. If you are lucky Windows will use the classic logon then instead. Sometimes you are left with just the Parser Message.
Uninstalling a logon changer program can cause this when it doesn't revert the registry settings to default.

Somehow I can see how this thread might be against forum guidelines, being that SP2 isn't publicly released, and I highly doubt that you are truely a beta tester.

The fact that you are running sp2 is probably the problem. sp2 as it is now is just a few files slapped together. Get rid of it & wait for the official release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back