Strange HD setup! Need fix

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Ok so im helping my sister clean up her pc, and i notice she has two hd's, but wait, its one partitioned into 2! So i open C, which is just the windows install, while D is all her programs..IDk why, but how could i merge everything to one partition without loosing any info?

partition manager, or one of the acronis products should do what you need

Ok so im helping my sister clean up her pc, and i notice she has two hd's, but wait, its one partitioned into 2! So i open C, which is just the windows install, while D is all her programs..IDk why, but how could i merge everything to one partition without loosing any info?

Probably so that when her Windows install is screwed up, she can just re-install and all of her installed programs will still be on the computer and she will not have lost those. I have seen a couple of places do it that way.

Probably so that when her Windows install is screwed up, she can just re-install and all of her installed programs will still be on the computer and she will not have lost those. I have seen a couple of places do it that way.

True, but its a crappy built pc, that my step dad thought was a killer deal...makes me sick when i try and help and no one listens...

Besides that, the Acronis failed to work, error of drive unreadable and what not...ill play with it more tomorrow and get back with better info!

I often split one HDD into 2 partitions ( C: & D: ) so that personal data is not lost when recovering the system partition. It make my life easier as the backup image will be stored on the D: partition and recovery is just a matter of using that image file to restore the C: partition.
It's not so easy to make backups on DVDs nowadays when over 10GB of disk space is consumed just to make a backup image of Vista.

Sound like you might get away with installing a fresh, new drive, install Windows, then temporarily slave the others and remove the data you need off them.

With prices today of HD's, this would be a great performance boost to boot, as well as a massive storage boost.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back