Strange Geforce 2 Problem..

E

eminem910

I upgraded my Geforce 2 200mx to a Geforce 2 GTS or Pro.. and i installed 43.45 drivers from nvidia.. and then i tried 43.45 drivers from asus.. but no matter what.. i cant play videos . or games like Unreal Tournament or tactical ops. i get this error "microsoft runtime library: abnormal program termination".. what i dont get is. this didnt happen with my Gf2 200mx..

should i try old drivers? or is there a fix . thanks

Have you upgraded to Direct-X 9 yet? Quite a few problems have been seen by people upgrading to DX9. I have had some video overlay issues with the newest WHQL certified nvidia reference drivers and DX9.

In any event-

For the GeForce 2 series, my suggestion would be to use the 28.32 drivers. I have owned almost every series of GeForce cards and I have found these drivers to work the best for me with the GeForce 2 series of cards. Completely uninstall any old video card drivers on your system and install the 28.32, I think you will be happier with them. Newest is not always the best!

28.32 - WinXp / 2000

28.32 - 98 / ME

ok i installed the 28.32 drivers.. still nothing.. now i tried to play a .wmv movie. and i was able too at 640x480 resolution.. at 4 bit color.. wtf!!.. this card must be severely damaged.. i got it from a friend.. think i could still get it repaired? since its not a bad card.. or could i update the bios features?

because this is retarded.. should be a lot better than my 200mx.. once again thanks to all who help =)

Do you have another "BOX" that you can put the Vid Card in? Try that and see if it works, if it does not then maybe the card is damaged. Also pull the card out of your system and reinstall it.

I also run a Geforce 2 GTS on my system but I am using the 30.82 drivers and I also have DX9 installed with no problems. The machine at work is a XP OS with a Geforce GTS also with the same drivers I installed at home and DX9 and IT also has no problems.

It may be a damaged card or it's not making good contact in the AGP slot.

ok i'll have to look at it.. seems to have good enough contact for pictures.. but not for videos

ok well it works sort of.. plays movies and games fine. but certain drivers cuz it to bug out.. 43.45.. i think.. asus or nvidia drivers. i forget which. its weird..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back