Strange (and infuriating) Word 2003 problem

the.quixotic

OSNN Junior Addict
As the title suggests, this is driving me nuts :mad:

Say im typing away in Word 2003, and half way down the first page I decide to make a bulleted list. So ill make a new line, and click the Bullet List button, and instead of just bulleting the current line, it will convert the ENTIRE document to a bulleted list - in addition, it will convert all the text to the same formatting applied to the line I was just working on.
The same thing happens when do numbered lists, sometimes when i increase size, change B/I/U, etc.

I have fiddled with all the options, and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, but it seems when you uninstall it doesnt delete any options youve changed (i suspect i changed some obscure thing and now I don't know how to change it back).

Im using Office 2003 Professional w/ Service Pack 2. Thanks for any help :)

forgot to add:
If you hit Control-Z (undo) after pressing bullet list (or whatever), Word will do what it was meant to do in the first place - add a bullet point next to the line i was working on, and leaving all other formatting as it was.

Last edited:
Never mind - I believe i have fixed the problem. It seems I had "Automatically Updated" set in the options for the "Normal" Style - therefore, whenever I was using Normal to write and changed the style, it would update the entire document.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back