Storm Thinger Charlie

That would be Hurricane Charlie. And I'm still waiting to hear from my grandparents who live in Bonita Springs, not too far south of Punta Gorda.

xsiv posted over at http://www.spammers-paradise.com/
am fine. Cable is down at home so I can't get online there right now. Power was out for most of the night last night. No water at home either. I am at work right now starting the clean up on the course. It looks like a war zone out here. Trees down everywhere and debris throughout.
And today Funky Dredd has without power and likely to be till the end of the week
:(

Atleast their all ok :D

Good news, thought I had seen sxiv online briefly but wasn't sure.

awwww...poor people thats why i am gonna stay in good ol' michigan.

Electronic Punk said:
Good news, thought I had seen sxiv online briefly but wasn't sure.
yeah he got on for a while yesterday and today from work,hopefully he'll get access from home soon :)

Glad to hear all the regulars are accounted for. Lots of family down in Fla., but everyone is I know safe and sound. Glad it hugged the coast when it came our way. Didn't even get a shower from it. By the time the ones that do come our way get here, they're usually not a hurricane anymore, just a giant rainstorm that ends up causing all kinds of flooding. We've had enough rain this year...something like 5 inches over average so far. The folks living on/near the rivers don't need more to worry about.

That's the worst part about the after-effects of these things. They pretty much take out all communications for days, if not weeks. Best of luck to anyone waiting to hear from a friend/loved one.

Well there's also the greedy bastages that try to exploit the situation. When I was taking crj101, there was a police detective from Florida that mentioned a bit about the exploitation from the huricane that hit there in the early 1990s. The $5 gallons of water was also on the news as I remember...

People's homes are wrecked, some might be injured or worse, there can be family uncertain about their well being; and yet there are some who think to profit out of trajedy and make themselves a quick buck :(

I have family that moved down to Florida, as well as North Carolina (guess the huricane didn't hit there?)...and am getting ready to leave for a big family renunion we're having next week (in Ocean Park, ME actually). I guess I'll see if they make it, then...

She lives in one of the areas affected?
What about funky etc. ?

Funky's fine.He's still without power but is over at SP now posting from work :)
Still no word from Jan yet

just called my sister to see if shes alright, but got the machine, so left a msg

dreamliner77 said:
That would be Hurricane Charlie. And I'm still waiting to hear from my grandparents who live in Bonita Springs, not too far south of Punta Gorda.
I thought it was called 'Hurricane Charley'!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back