Stopping XP reinstalling ,stock Nvidia driver

S

Sux

When installing a later Nvidia driver a message sayes remove all the old ones,which I do from add/remove programs,but of course
when I reboot XP puts the signed Nvidia driver (that came on the XP install disc) back on without asking.
How do I stop this happening?

remove the driver and boot into safe mode, then install new drivers from there??

or press F8 pre-windows boot screen and choose "Enable VGA Mode" (i think it is)

XP's roll back drivers

means that you can have many display drivers installed on top of each other : - without any problems

:cool:

aye... thats a good thing about XP - but when I do a clean install of XP and install the new dets, it says "setup found existing drivers installed on this system" - I just click "OK" and continue through install anyway - it works fine - no problems with installation or operation - I just make sure the AV software is installed AFTER the drivers lol

Yes you can stop it. Theres some nvidia files in the windows folder
you just have to delete these and xp will not install the drivers when you reboot. :) I cant remember what the files were. but i will take a look

ok. i think i found them. you will need to delete the following files in c:\windows\inf
The folder is hidden so in folder options, view, select show hidden files and folders. click ok.

ok. so goto windows\inf and delete the following (make a backup of them just incase)

nvdn.inf
nvdn.pnf
nvts.inf
nvts.pnf

That should stop xp installing its own nvidia drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back