StopIE

Yeah, Gonaads and Ernie just don't go well together :rolleyes:

Sure they do, just look.

*drops pants*
gonads.jpg

:D

Wow, Ernie needs to go to the doctor and get that lump on his leg examined :D

Hmm... back to the original subject. :p

I loved IE until I started to give other browsers a chance. After 2-3 weeks using Firefox exclusively, I realized how much IE was missing. When you use IE excusively, how do you know that there aren't other features that you could benefit from? It didn't take me long to realize that Firefox offered a whole new world (*cue the music*) of options for web browsing. (Note that this isn't just the case for Firefox, I'm just speaking from experience).

On a different note, when I began designing websites I came to realize that IE (6 and below) is a NIGHTMARE. I can test a site in 6 browsers, with IE being the only one to render the page(s) wrong. I could spend days talking about it, but the basic gist is that Microsoft is part of the web-standards consortium, yet they break the very rules that they claim to help put in place. I really, really, really, really, really, really hope that IE 7 makes a HUGE step in the right direction by adhering more closely to these standards.

I could go on, but that's it for now.

Good, I'm glad your Macish self stopped.

I always make people use firefox when I can, but I refuse, I SO like ie, I even hate ie7

firefox_eat_ie.jpg

:rolleyes:

Check out attachment. *cool wallpaper*

Attachments

• fx-vs-ie-wallpaper.jpg
    fx-vs-ie-wallpaper.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 92
It's funny because whenever there is a IE vs Firefox discussion, I have never been able to understand why people still love IE. The reason given is always along the lines of..."Well I use IE just because I love it."

It's like picking a Civic over a M3.

So why do you clowns like Firefox? Because it's NOT IE?

Built-in Search bar
Themes (Customization to no end)
Extensions galore
Tabbed Browsing that has no comparison (especially with any number of Tab Browsing extensions added)
Blogging
Developer Tools
Navigation
Privacy and Security
XUL Applications
News Reading
Image Browsing
Kiosk Browsing
All the Plug-ins that just install and work so well with it
etc...

So many things to list, not enough space.

Any other questions?

So why do you clowns like Firefox? Because it's NOT IE?

Read gonaads' post.

Now give me any real, tangible reasons for using IE. Or is it purely a matter of taste?

Seriously, I really want to understand.

Plus, how many YEARS did it take for the "one trick and pony show" to actually get off it's ass and start to have added goodness. Oooooo now it has Tabs. Woopyyyyyy. Old news man, this is standard issue not some novelty. Oooooh and let's not forget all the security issues it has had. And yes Firefox has had it's share. But the Mozilla Foundation sure get on it quite quickly and patches the problem it a very timely fashion (quickly). Sandards compatability? Hmmmmmm, let me see... Oh I forgot this is Microsoft's world so all Web Masters must adhear to the Microsoft way of creating web pages. Let's not go through all the W3C compliance that makes for an across the board (all browsers but IE) easy as pie web site.

[edit]
And last, you want to make the browser do what you want? You are a developer and want to tweak it your way? Well hell, here's the source code, have at it make it your own. IE??? Oh hell no, it is Microsoft property we don't want anyone to adjust anything. It's ours... OURS!

You show me where I can imbed a media player into the lower status bar of IE and enjoy music while I surf for pr0n. And no, I don't want to open up Windows Media Player and have to flip from one App to another for the "privilege" of listening to my music while I surf the web.

Long live FoxyTunes!

Last edited:
Things I like...
I have grown to like tabs with IE7
I like the built-in search bar
I like the built-in feeds with IE7
Navigation
Ease of use
I use a few Microsoft sites (Partner for one) that only work with IE
The new Favorites/RSS Center
The ability to have multiple "home" sites
Popup blocking works very well (for me anyway)
Full screen browsing
Made by Microsoft for Microsoft users (meaning it is built for Windows by people that know Windows)

Things I don't need...
I don't need themes because I like it to match what I am using for Windows.
I don't use plug-ins because I am happy with IE the way it is.

Granted, a lot of these features are new to IE7 which has only made me love the product more. I might be able to list more, but this gives you an idea of why I like IE.

So you like IE because it added most of the features of firefox?

Navigation, ease of use? Its a web browser, they all pretty much do the same thing as far as navigation, and well ease of use, if you are having a hard time using a browser.....

Full screen browsing? Every browser has this, even IE6.

Made by Microsoft for Microsoft users. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

You (and everyone else) can poke fun all you want. Have a good time with it. The fact of the matter is that I like IE, have always liked IE, and will continue to like IE.

I was asked to give real reasons and I did. You insult me and tell me I like IE because it added most of the features from other browsers... like FF or other browsers haven't added features that have been in IE for years.

Furthermore, for all of you that want to bash IE, I guarantee you couldn't come up with anything better no matter how much money you had.

I suggest drinking water to take that nasty taste out of your mouth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back