STOP errors

M

Marco

Hi guys
I have been getting quite a few stop errors recently, most notably the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but also MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Numerous error codes inc 0x0000000, 0x0000074, 0x0000003, 0x0000002, 0x0000014c, 0x000000a, 0x0000017 and 805E74A1. I have recently reinstalled XP (not formatted though) and have tried various video drivers, i have Norton av 2002 and Sygate personal firewall v4.2 installed also. Would any of these apps cause problems?

Asus A7A 266-E
Athlon XP 1700+
Asus v7100 pro GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB 23.12 dets at present
WD 60GB HDD
XP home ed
512 MB PC2100 DDR ram (unsure of make)

I have had the computer back to the manufacturer on 3 occasions and twice they swapped out the RAM, so i am not entirely convinced the RAM is at fault.
Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

I am also getting the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " errors, on 3 occasions, each time was either with IE or trying to run a windows media player file.. I have not added any new hw or anything. I am on the Verge of formatting and reinstalling..

KooLLaid
Me too!
I tried a couple of things last night and ended up getting the Windows\system32\config\system file not found error when booting up. Tried to fix it with a solution from someone on the MS community help forum but it f.....d up my system totally. Gonna have to format now i guess. Cannot think of anything else to try, shame as i was on the last level of Medal of Honour and i didn't back up. Mofo.

mbunny
Flash the bios before i reinstall?
I think that would make sense

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back