Stop Error

J

jaytheguru

Hello, My pc randomly shows this error message. I have looked all over internet but cant seem to find the exact solution to this problem.

Any help will be greatly apprieciated

Error Message:

0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0xBF9431C0,0xF392D648,0x00000000)

physical dump complete

and it also mentions "win32k.sys"

Many Thanks

Jay

Re: Stop: 0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0xBF9431C0,0xF392D648,0x00000000)

Jay,

Welcome to OSNN!

I do not know what the error code is for, however, the description you give sounds like a memory issue... have you had any system locks ups / program not responding alot?

If so I would use any one of the memeory checkers to see if it is in fact your memory. Good luck, post back after you have checked it, and tell us what you found...

Jay,

Welcome to OSNN!

I do not know what the error code is for, however, the description you give sounds like a memory issue... have you had any system locks ups / program not responding alot?

If so I would use any one of the memeory checkers to see if it is in fact your memory. Good luck, post back after you have checked it, and tell us what you found...

Hello thanks for a quick reply, The PC never stuck on any thing as far as I have seen, it runs smoothly but sometimes like randomly it use to restart. So I went into "System Properties" and then "Advanced" and "Startup and Recovery" settings and unchecked "Automatically restart" option. then only I saw this error message.

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is a memory issue it wouldn't let me install windows XP operating system in the first place. I never changed any hardware on the system though. It installed operating system properly with no errors.

anyway I will definately check the memory with "Windows Ram Check Diagnostics" and see if it comes up with any errors.

I would like to thank once again... and will be updating you

Kind Regards

Jay

sorry I should have told you that it is Windows XP Pro Operating System SP2. and not Windows 2003 Server. The quote you have sent me is for windows 2003 and most of the posts there are saying to update the service pack. My Windows XP Pro is fully updated with all the patches.

Somewhere I have read that it might be the power supply problem, It might be that the power supply unit is not providing enough power to the components connected to the PC. Im not sure about that either as my Power Supply unit is 350 watts, I might have to change the supply and check if I can overcome this problem.

Also When you search for "0x0000008E" or "0xC0000005" you can find alot of different Stop error issues, but none of them have the full code solution. I mean that if you enter "0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0xBF9431C0,0xF392D648,0x00000000)" you wont be able to find the exact windows error message. I wonder if microsoft itself is not aware of this problem?

Kind Regards

Jay

quoted from the link given above "If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, the service can be removed by starting the system using the Recovery Console and deleting the offending system service file."

Does this mean that I should log on to Recovery console and delete "win32k.sys" file and then restart the pc or does it mean that I should delete the "win32k.sys file from the root directory and replace it with the win32k.sys file on the windows xp cd.

Im confuse!

Kind Regards

Jay

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is a memory issue it wouldn't let me install windows XP operating system in the first place. I never changed any hardware on the system though. It installed operating system properly with no errors.

anyway I will definately check the memory with "Windows Ram Check Diagnostics" and see if it comes up with any errors.

I would like to thank once again... and will be updating you

Kind Regards

Jay

Not neccesarily... a memory stick can be "going" bad, and not there yet, the same way a video card can, they glitch and hang up, but for the moment ae still operational...

I have been luky and never had a memory issue, I have had both HDD and video cards which were going bad and cause wierd symptoms...

I would check what AZ linked to you... first as it seems to be more appropriate to what you posted...

EDIT: I read it to mean the application not the system file. I would think you would mess up your system if you deleted that system file.

Mike A!

Last edited:
let me test the system with the ram test diag and see if I can find any problems with the ram. I will keep you updated.

Many thanks

Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back