T-Bird 1.2GHz
246MB Infineon SDRAM
IBM DTLA 15GB UDMA/100
Maxtor 20GB UDMA/100
SBLive Value
HP 8110 CD writer
Hayes 56k Accura Speakerphone ext.
Inno3D TNT2 32MB

I've got the IBM divided into 2 partitions, one 5GB and the other 10GB. I was planning on using the 5GB for win98 and the 10GB for winxp. The Maxtor is for data.

I currently have Win98SE installed on C: with no problems at all.

I tried to install winxp (clean install, not upgrade) but I get this after the first reboot (after it says "Starting windows"):

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF9E8563C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've done searches and it seems like most ppl get this problem after adding or changing hardware, or else the problem is with their IDE controller, in which they solve the problem by F6-ing to install the driver during installation. But for me, this is a clean install, no new hardware. And my mainboard does not have a separate IDE controller driver (only VIA's 4-in-1)

Anyone know what to do?

Well, according to your motherboard's description, you have the option for "additional upgrades include RAID 0 or 1 support, 4 USB ports, and Promise® PCI-ATA100 controller for UltraDMA/100." Look in your bios for something that toggles the raid controller. Even though you don't have it, the bios may be reporting that you do.

Problem solved.

When I was installing it before, I copied the data onto and installed from my hard drive (something commonly done with win9x to speed things up.)

I tried installing directly from the bootable cd-rom and the problem is fixed. But now there's a new problem.

I'll write another post about it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back