Political Access
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20349534-952,00.html

Steve Irwin dead

WORLD EXCLUSIVE by reporters from The Courier-Mail, Brisbane
September 04, 2006 01:56pm
Article from: </IMG>
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

THE Crocodile Man, Steve Irwin, is dead.
He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.
It appeared that he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest, Queensland Police Inspector Russell Rhodes said.
He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occurred.
Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.
Mr Irwin was killed just after 11am, Eastern Australian time.
It is understood he was killed instantly.
A source said Mr Irwin was already dead when his body was brought onto the Isle.
A source said Mr Irwin's body was being airlifted to Cairns Hospital in North Queensland for formal identification.
An Emergency Services Response Management spokeswoman said they received a call about the tragedy at 11.11 am, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
The response unit left in a helicopter for the Batt Reef at 11.18am and arrived shortly after.
Mr Irwin was pronounced dead at the scene immediately, the spokeswoman said.
More soon

Re: Steve Irwin (crock hunter) dead...

He died doing what he loved.

R.I.P.

Now it says that his wife doesn't know yet. It's all over the internet, and probably the news in Australia. It's going to be a tough way to find out. :s

<australian accent>Rest in peace you crazy bugger.</australian accent>

R.I.P Croc Hunter
5009045ol3.jpg

Wow...I thought it was a hoax at first. Unbelievable...

Hope his family gets a lot of support.

dam, he has done a lot of crazy **** over the years!

I thought I'd heard it wrong when it first came on the radio this morning.

Definitely not a nice way to go either, great shame, the man was a legend. :)

Rest In Peace Steve Irwin

Really Sad this was a great guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/?GT1=8506

CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the “Crocodile Hunter,” was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called “Ocean’s Deadliest” when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous bard on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.
“He came on top of the stingray and the stingray’s barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart,” said Stainton, who was on board Irwin’s boat at the time.

Thanks didnt see this thread. this is going to be hard on a lot of kids all over the world.

Real shame. :(

Crazy part is that he took the barb to the chest/heart. I guess normally attacks by stingrays aren't fatal, was just a really bad thing of luck he got hit where he did.

R.I.P. Steve

When I heard it on the radio this morning I had to almost check it wasn't April 1st!

Sad day. :cry:

Real shame. :(

Crazy part is that he took the barb to the chest/heart. I guess normally attacks by stingrays aren't fatal, was just a really bad thing of luck he got hit where he did.

R.I.P. Steve

Yeah, most of the time thier attacks are to arms or legs. Mostly due to a person stepping on them since they tend to burry themselves a bit in the sand. Thing is that the barb on their tail has edges that create a nasty gash type wound when the StingRay pulls out. So when he got hit in the chest it musta did some ugly damage. I guess when he swam over the StingRay it freaked and stung him. They were saying in one of the stories that he felt no pain. But I think he felt it, badly. Then it ended, quickly. Was a fun guy to watch. His shows were always interesting and entertaining. :(

They say it poked his heart, I don't think thats instant, but pretty close.

It really is a shame. He was a lot of fun to watch!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back