Steelers + Superbowl = Six Wins, the most in nfl history !!

Hmmm.. No feedback? Come one, I said it would happen - The Steelers are SIX TIME Superbowl Champs !!! :)

WOOT! STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my voice from shouting so much, not mention that my nails are pratically gone. Man that has to be one of the best games I seen in a long time ...

that was a great game. an instant classic :) that 100 yard run was epic and was the game winner for the Steelers for sure.

congrats Steelers. But I had the Cards and 7 so I am doing the shuffle, and the under too. came out ahead.

Still you gotta admit, the cards scared the #$!@ out of you when they went up 23-20 with less than 2 minutes to go.

Yeah, those last two minutes were the worst. I was shaking. If homes wouldn't have caught that ball in the end zone, the game would have gone into overtime for the first time in history. ...

Homes and Harrison were the game winners. The longest run in Superbowl history - Over a hundred yards. Man that was awesome. ..

I cannot believe they did not review that last throw by Warner. It is an automatic booth review by the refs and they didn't even bother. Absolutely terrible oversight.

Regardless of how the rest of the game played out, and there were some TERRIBLE calls, the ending left a bad taste in my mouth.

The Cardinals from what I saw shot themselves inthe feet with all of the calls they got.

Sazar is right that there was some terrible calls made but I'm sure if calls had gone the other way you would not be as happy as you are Johnny though I'm sure you weren't the only fan of the Steelers or even the Steelers themselves that were scared when the Cardinals took the lead with two minutes left.

It was a good game I just don't agree with outcome but that is the result of questionable calls or lack of calls.

Hope the Cardinals make to the Super Bowl again next year

yes.. bad calls, and penalty minutes were all over the map

Yep, a clear example of how the referee's determined the winner of the game.

Entertaining 4th quarter, but a number of terrible, attrocious calls at key moments in the game really killed it for me. Very galling.

If I was the steelers, I would make some super bowl rings for the refs too.

For me it brought back memories of what happened in the Steelers/Seahawks SB game.

Living in Phoenix the two days after this defeat of the Cardinals sucks.

Next year will be Stairway To Seven :)

If you have the same officiating crew, undoubtedly.

whbja8.gif
Superbowl champs :rolleyes:

Believe it or not this was never reviewed ...... should have been ejected and fined
the Steelers benefited greatly from bad calls. I really could care less who won.... but if you were a neutral fan it was plain as day

That is why he wan't made MVP, tdinc.

Being a neutral party, I was pretty shocked by the very immature and unsportsmanlike behavior the Steelers showed. Yeah, we all know they were the favorites going into it... but they acted like cocky ass holes. In both interviews and on field behavior. As shown above ^^ I was very excited at the end when the Cardinals took the lead, the idea of the 'big bad mean steelers' getting beaten by the underdog got me really excited.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

The way I see it is that Cardinals got to their by luck. It was a fluke, just like it was a fluke for the seahawks to be their. They are both teams you will never see their again. Look at tradition also. The Cardinals have moved three times since they were founded, and they went through numerous head coaches - The Steelers have never moved and only every had four head coaches in the 60+ years they been around. Here in the Pittsburgh area, football isn't a sport or a game. It is a traditions, and the Steelers were born here, they have stayed here, and they will stay here. Name another team that can say that ?

They have six Superbowls because they deserve it. And if you think that money is the factor, think again. It is a well known fact that pittsburgh is one of the, if not the, lowest paying franchise in the nfl. The players who stay, stay because they want to. I couldn't tell you how many of them voluntarily took pay cuts to allow another player to come on, or for them to stay. Also say that about another player or team.

The pre-York 49ers, the Bears, the Giants,the Buffalo Bills, the Tampa Bay Bucs, the Saints, Skins, Cowboys, Vikings and the grand daddy of em' all the Packers, the only city owned franchise, that still competes at a high level and is one of the smallest markets anywhere. A long with a whole host of others.

The Cardinals for years were a franchise without a direction, even when they were competitive in the Neil Lomax years, they had the hard luck of playing against the Bill Parcells Giants, the Dick Vermeil Eagles,the Landry Cowboys, and the Joe Gibbs Redskins.

However, they have been making a change over the last couple of years, slowly witness the draft of Anquan Boldin and then the year after of Larry Fitxgerald. both of those receivers will be in the league a long time. Not to mention Breaston or any of their other up and comers.

The Steelers have been blessed with longevity and and patience among the owners who are not looking for a quick fix. This is more a reflection of the Rooney and is indicative of the Steelers. unlike, Al Davis, or Daniel Snyder, or anybody else who wnats results over two years, thanks to the Sean Payton, Mike Fox and Mike Smith in the league.

Hey, this was a game that I didn't pick at the beginning of the Year, I thought that the Cowboys and the Chargers would be making it to the superbowl. There is no way that I would have picked the Cards, even though I love, Anquan and Larry, hey I got them in my fantasy leagues. And the Steelers, I thought would have to go through Nashville, but alas that was not the case. I hope they draft well, and fix some holes on their line, do I expect them to be back next year? nope. That AFC south is just one big bruise, and let's face it the Afc Central, heh, you me and two other guys could beat up the Browns and the Bengals, or course you could say that about the Rams and the Seahawks this year in the NFC West, you cant say that about the niners though, they played hard throughout the year and did not quit on their coach. Mike Singletary {Samurai!} will be doing some good things really soon.

some good points there, falcon. I actually look for it to be the Giants and Colts next season. Of course, miami did a good season this year, so they might be able to maintain that next season and get some where as well.

Johhny,

Can I ask where you have been all football season?

The Cards have a top ten defense basically a tie with the Jets for #10 Defense spot...

Kurt Warner threw for almost 4600 yards with 30 TD's and only 17 INT's the only quarter back with a better efficiency who threw for almost as many passes was Brees... and they had the number and spots respectively when looking at the regular season for 2008 according to NFL.com on thier stats page:

The ONLY stat which you would think that would NOT allow them a superbowl berth would be that they were last in the regular season with only 73.6 yards per game... HOWEVER, before you jump on that band wagon about them having a bad running game you better check the Steelers who were not much better at 23rd with only 105.6 yards per game rushing and a lowly 3.7 yards per carry Which is only a HALF A YARD BETTER THAN THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL...

In contrast for post season play the Arizonal Cards were #5 rushing one behind guess who?? Thats right the Steelers... and this is the kick in the pants... The Cards had more yards per carry than the steelers did with 3.3 yds per carry over the Steelers 2.9 per carry...

Also in the post season the Cards were able to simply able to decimate all defenses and keep the ball moving they had the most plays from scrimage with respect to overall yards and points the only team who beat them on points (per game) were the Tennesee Titans who were gone in the first round...

Let me break it down to post season play:

Most plays from scrimage: 252 --- CARDS #1 (better get used to seeing this now)
Yards per Game: 373.2 --- CARDS #2 (as I said earlier only team to beat them but Titans only played one game)
Yards per play: 5.9 --- CARDS #1
First downs per Game 20 --- CARDS #3 (Uhoh better call maytag< they were only 1 first down from taking this as well)
3rd downs attempted 53 --- Cards #1 (admitedly not that you want to be here)
3rd downs converted 45% --- Cards #1 This is where it counts right?
4th downs attemted AND MADE 1 --- Cards #1 Again.. this is where it counts...

AND NOW THE GRAND DADDY which is why I believe they did not win the superbowl:
most penalties 25 --- Cards #1 VERY VERY VERY BAD... the Dansby call was $HIT even the Steelers fan in my office addmitted to that one....

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF: 233 yards in penalties.... OUCH...

So you look at those stats and then tell me they didnt belong in the superbowl?

Thanks!

Mike A!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back