Steelers + Superbowl = Six Wins, the most in nfl history !!

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Woot!! Here we go, here we go, PITTSBURGHS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL !!!!

Time to fill the other hand :)

Damn I hate both teams but I don't want the Steelers to get number 6 my "Niners" need to do that. So as much as this pains me, GOOOOO CARDINALS!

You both have it wrong. There is no way that a team that has never made it (cardinals) will beat a five time winning team (steelers). Right now on vegas odds; steelers are a winner by six points.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS !!!!!

I have not been a fan of the Cardinals and have been selling them short all through the playoffs. They beat a physical Carolina team, and I chalked it up to Delhomme having an atrocious day. I thought fer shure, the eagles would take the piss out of them, with some complicated zone blitzes and a physical secondary. Oh sure Mcnabb mad a game of it, but it just looks like the Cardinals year.

This is the seventh trip to the superbowl for the steelers, they only lost one ... So their record there is great :)

The Cardinals I think want it more. Its been 61 years since they won a championship.

What were the odds in regards to Cardinals vs Eagles? We know how that game turned out and I bet the odds weren't in favor of the Cardinals and yet they pulled it out.

Either way it should be a interesting game

The Cards are favored to win by 7 points by multiple places.
This may change but it is the odds as of right now.

Attachments

• odds.jpg
    odds.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 122
That is not reading the way you think it is. It means that the Cards +7 beat the Steelers. The Steelers are the favorite. the over is 46.5 which might be doable. However, I like the under of 110. There is no way both teams are going to combine for 110

You both have it wrong. There is no way that a team that has never made it (cardinals) will beat a five time winning team (steelers). Right now on vegas odds; steelers are a winner by six points.

Hey Johnny,

Do you know why odds makers always favor a certain team over another?

Its for THE MONEY...

Examples: Home teams with a +2 to win = HOUSE WIN 90% of the time...

Its rediculous... dont go by the odds... you will lose...

Thats how the Vegas makes their money and anyone who tells you otherwise is LYING...

Mike A!

Broncos won with worse odds in their first trip to the superbowl. I watched both games, though, and I have a strong feeling that the Steelers have a much more rounded team.

I have a feeling it will come down to how well Kurt plays.

a bookie once told me that if you ask 25 people who to bet and they all pick the same team, bet the other way, the team probably won't cover the spread

Hey Johnny,

Do you know why odds makers always favor a certain team over another?

Its for THE MONEY...

Examples: Home teams with a +2 to win = HOUSE WIN 90% of the time...

Its rediculous... dont go by the odds... you will lose...

Thats how the Vegas makes their money and anyone who tells you otherwise is LYING...

Mike A!
bookies make money on the vigorish not on who wins or loses

they try to make a line that gives a 50-50 chance for both teams, they try to get equal money going out and comming in and their vig makes the differance, they do not want to have any company money on any team, they want equal money going both ways

that's why the line changes, as more people bet one way the bookies have to get people to bet the other way so their books show a sum=zero or as close to sum=zero as possible

if they can't get sum=zero they will try to sell their ballance or "lay it off" with another bookie, paying some vigorish themselves or they'll get someone to place bets the other way across state lines in vegas...illegal but most bookies are illegal in the first place

they do not care how far off their line is as long as that line gets them to sum=zero, they do not give a flying hoot who wins or loses

Thanx for the explanation, perris. I never knew that ...

Food for thought, Warner has been here before... and won. And ATM he is solid with his team.

31 - 24 Cardinals.

I'd still take the under at 110 it is only going to drop as the money starts coming in. And I'd take the Cards + 7 both of those are good bets.

it definitely is the cardinals year. Kurt Warner played here in STL (we still wonder why they let him go) and the man is solid... there is no better qb under pressure

I personally believe that he and Larry Fitzgerald will be as steady as a tank... basically unstoppable... and when the steelers decide to double cover him .. and run the blitz .. Warner with the quickest release in football will beat the blitz with a quick outside pass to Hightower... and that will be the basic gameplan of Arizona. Basically the best WR in football with arguably the best qb all around ... well what else can i say.

Arizona just needs to score a bunch ... cause the steelers have a better offense than the cards do defense.

Warner and fitzgerald are the only good players they have. They can't do anything with just two of them. And, I feel that the Eagles would have won if they two more minutes left in that game against the Cardinals.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back