Steam

Yeah, basically there was a big steam update today, one that actually needed to turn off Steam for 3 hours. When one of these rare kind of updates occurs, there is so much hype around the time that it needs to be re-enabled that Steam basically dies when it is re-enabled, I would epxect everything will be well and good tomorrow morning.

It's the platform for playing games based on the hl engine, including hl2 eventually.

hsn said:
What is Steam?
Basically it's a program that lets you play Half Life and in the future, Half Life 2 online, like EP said.

Piece of crap, if you ask me. Uses too much bandwidth. I couldnt surf the net when my cousin was just logged it (t could have ben updatin, not sure) on his system.

People think of steam like a bad kid on the football team. If he does something good people dont do anything like say good job but the second he messes up everyone hates him. This is what people do to steam. They dont say how good it is when it works but only when is messes up. I love steam and i have been useing it sience alpha, it the best thing that happened to cs.

I love Steam.
Basically, I read the terminology on another site, but basically this was like a "flash flood" download. Steam was off, teh crowds gathered and as soon as it was enabled before the content servers had time to propogate it was hit. hard. and incidentally fell over.

It seems fine this morning.

Electronic Punk said:
I love Steam.
Basically, I read the terminology on another site, but basically this was like a "flash flood" download. Steam was off, teh crowds gathered and as soon as it was enabled before the content servers had time to propogate it was hit. hard. and incidentally fell over.

It seems fine this morning.
I wonder what they have the bit torrent guy doing to make this happen far less?

Well he has been there for months, so don't expect a sudden change. Valve did announce that soon their content servers will be hosted on one of the big p2p networks.

AudioSlayer said:
...If he does something good people dont do anything like say good job but the second he messes up everyone hates him. This is what people do to steam. They dont say how good it is when it works but only when is messes up. I love steam and i have been useing it sience alpha, it the best thing that happened to cs.

exactly. I personally think that steam is a great concept, and has thus far been implimented pretty well.

only thing that bothers me with it sometime is if my lard of a brother plays counter-strike all afternoon, I have trouble connecting to friends network BUT thats probably just a sloppy networking problem here at home

me = friends with steam :p

i hate steam. seriously. i want someone else to host HL2 b/c they are so unreliable and the buddy list is so stupid! it doesn't even connect half the time!

prodj88 said:
i hate steam. seriously. i want someone else to host HL2 b/c they are so unreliable and the buddy list is so stupid! it doesn't even connect half the time!

This coming from a kid who wanted to cheat in cs... see if someone takes you seriously again

YOU make steam unreliable and stupid. thank you for your time.

For your information you crackhead, i wanted to cheat to see how it worked. so don't go around making accusations and i do not make steam unreliable.
you are pathetic my friend.

prodj88 said:
For your information you crackhead, i wanted to cheat to see how it worked. so don't go around making accusations and i do not make steam unreliable.
you are pathetic my friend.

ouch. my poor poor innards drip with pain.

why would you bother "seeing how it worked" in the first place? scratch that, I dont want to know, rather not ruin this thread too

ur comment ruined this thread so don't point @ me. my immature yet truthful response is "well you started it"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back