Startup Wav sounds corrupted

M

MaIn mEnU

I dunno whats happened but when I start XP my start up wav sounds corrupted. When I play it from
C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Startup.wav
it sounds ok. All I have on start up is GoBack, NAV, Sygate Firewall and Ad-Watch Monitor.
I have tried everything to find what's causing this but am truly stumped:eek:
Can someone help me please?

what type of sound card do u have and do u have recent drivers?

Originally posted by MaIn mEnU
I dunno whats happened but when I start XP my start up wav sounds corrupted. When I play it from it sounds ok. All I have on start up is GoBack, NAV, Sygate Firewall and Ad-Watch Monitor.
I have tried everything to find what's causing this but am truly stumped:eek:
Can someone help me please?
its probbaly either the soundcard driver kicking in late or the cpu running flat out loading windows. sometimes i dont even here mine.

Originally posted by C.Y.A.
what type of sound card do u have and do u have recent drivers?

The souncard is on board my Asus A7V333 board and I have the latest drivers.

Re: Re: Startup Wav sounds corrupted

Originally posted by GoNz0
its probbaly either the soundcard driver kicking in late or the cpu running flat out loading windows. sometimes i dont even here mine.

I have AMD 1800XP and Igig memory so I shouldn't expect this kind of thing happening:confused:

well once in awhile i get a hicup when i start up too u should try to disable a few things at start up maybe that will fix it but like gonzo said it happens but i always hear mine..

try this. You already know that you cant hear this wav when u start up, try logging off and then back on and see if you hear it. If you do, then it probably is as Gonzo stated (driver kicking in late, which is odd but not unheard of).

yea, the exact same thing happens to me. I am pretty sure its either the driver acting strange or the soundcard has to kick in. i still startup ok and everything, but its just a pain and really annoying.

i have a P4 2.6 proc, 512 DDR 400 RAM, Abit IC7-G mobo, and an Audigy 5.1 soundcard.

Easiest way to get around it is to just disable the startup sound :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back