startup issues

P

PyrOmonkey

Hi, I was wondering how to stop certain programs from running when i start up. These programs run in the background as processes when i check the task manager. One particularaly annoying example is iexplore.exe which runs in the background for a while and then comes out front with adds. I can dissable them using task manager, but is there a way to disable them for good?

Yes, get a popup stopper, such as SMASHER (www.popupstop.com). IEXPLORE.EXE is MS Internet Explorer (obviously) and if it is opening underneath the parent window then you need a popup stopper to stop this from happening. Either that, or disable JavaScript =)

ok, but there are also a bunch of others, such as frontpage, adaptec, realplayer..... All of these run in the background as processes and i cant get rid of them

Well, some of those you want running. but, if you don't want them running you can either uninstall the program or install a freeware application called RegCleaner, which allows you to remove items from your startup list.

Programs, like Tweak-XP also allow you to do this.

Or, life made simple:

Start
Run
msconfig
Startup (tab)

Be careful what you remove though. Good luck.

Excellent!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back