Startup in ms-dos mode !!!

M

Manos P

Could somebody tell me how to start up my pc in ms-dos mode without starting windows? I tried hitting F8 key but there ain't such a command just like older OS.

Thanx in advance

XP is built on the NT kernel, not DOS. There is no DOS layer with XP. What is it you are trying to do?

98 boot disk
would do it if you have XP installed on FAT

I'm trying to create a startup floppy that enable the cd-rom to work in an empty (no OS) pc.

I know how to create an emergency start-up disk, but how do I create one that enables the CD-ROM drive to work?

Restart your computer in MS-DOS mode and confirm that the CD-ROM drive is accessible. Copy the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files from the boot drive to an existing bootable floppy disk. Note that these are not the same as the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys that may be present when running in Windows. Copy each file referenced in Autoexec.bat or Config.sys (such as Mscdex.exe), to the emergency disk. Edit each file reference in the floppy disk's Autoexec.bat or Config.sys to refer to the correct location of the file on the floppy disk. For example, you might have to change C:/windows/command/mscdex.exe to A:/mscdex.exe.

Thanx 2 both of you !!!!

I'll give it a try as soon as i get a Win98 boot disk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back