Startup, Ever seen this??

J

Jimmy Sway

under msconfig - start up, i have a listing.

dumprep 0 -k

Ever seen it, what is it??

Whatever it is, it's from a program you installed, I did a Ms search and find no mention of any such program, you might wanna do a search for that exe, and find out what it is attached to

yes i seen it 'cause i have it to in start up.....have tried several times to prevent it to start with no luck any help??

Im pretty sure its your "dump" file when the system crashes ...Im pretty sure it logs your system crashes. Not sure though..have you crashed lately?

" Im pretty sure its your "dump" file when the system crashes "

thats what i though but at least in my case i disable the thing so i dont know why it keeps loading

Thanks for the program link, i'm sure its from the crashing...

led2112

downloaded the program but still it keeps showing up at startup......damn:mad:

by the way in startup it shows this also:

ctfmon C:\Windowns\System32\ctfmon.exe

anyones knows what that is????

Sorry i dont know why it is keeping itself in startup but I am sure its fine to leave it there. Ctfmon.exe is from OfficeXp. Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard, translation, and other alternative user input technologies.

Removing the Ctfmon.exe might cause problematic behavior in your Office XP programs, so removing it is not recommended. To prevent Ctfmon.exe from running, follow these steps.

Read this from the Microsoft site...you might just want to leave it!
It looks like it's a pain in the a** to remove it.

What is CTFMON

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back