startup deletions reappearing

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone,, I have an HP pc with windows xp home edition, and everytime i start my pc i wait for everything to load, now loading in the taskbar is HP help Center and HP support icons, now i don't want them to load at startup, so i went to Msconf and then to starup programs tab and unchecked the boxs for these two items but when i restart my pc, they are there again and with a check mark in the boxs! How do i stop HP from putting these back? There must be a registry tweak for this, can anyone tell me how? Tom

If you open your registry and go to HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\ are they listed there? You can delete those entries if they are present. Same path under the HKCU key too.

The only thing i see that comes near it is=HPSYSDRV.EXE Do you think that could be it?

That sounds like a driver for your hp hardware. Look in your startup folder and see if it's in there. Also check:

HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\

(same path as before except in HKCU)

Allan, This is the only thing in the registry that i found,= c:\progra~1\hpinst~1\plugin\bin\pchbutton.exe I dont think that is for support but you never know i guess, what do you think? Also, can you refresh me on how to get to my start up folder?

HP is connected to a Backweb program and i cannot open the backweb file (it wont open) I know one or two times this so called Backweb screen came up and said i had to agree to use it or i would may not be able to use plug in feature! and the screen would not go away unless i agreed, so i did. I dont understand this HP with Backweb connection business? Did you ever hear of it? I saw an explaination of it on another forum but forgot to print out a copy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back