Starting Outlook When Windows Boots

wessleym

OSNN Addict
How can I have Windows start Outlook 2003 when it boots up? I need it to be in the system tray, and I've seen it done on other computers before. So how is it done? Thanks.

place a shortcut to it in your startup folder in the start menu, check the properties of the shortcut and have it start minimized. I believe there is an option in OL 2003 to have it minize to the tray, otherwize there is a regedit that can be done.

Yeah, unfortunately, that was my best idea, too. I'm surprised their isn't an option within Outlook to start when Windows starts. If anyone else has an idea, please tell me. Thanks.

Since Outlook 2003 already has the option to min to tray you could add a new task in task scheduler pointing to the exe and set it to run at logon or at system startup. May have to adjust options about how long task runs in setting for the task but this should do what you want.

wessleym said:
Yeah, unfortunately, that was my best idea, too. I'm surprised their isn't an option within Outlook to start when Windows starts. If anyone else has an idea, please tell me. Thanks.

Whats the difference, that will work?

Yeah, it works with the shortcut in the startup folder. I was hoping for a checkbox I was missing in Outlook's settings somewhere. Thanks for you help.

Hey, since when did Hotmail stop allowing users to use Outlook to access e-mail? It was working two days ago, and when it stopped, I went on their web site and saw the thing about them not allowing Outlook users access without being paid. What's the deal?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back