StartClock - Released!

chaos945 said:
There are some pretty significant revisions this time round. I am quite pleased with myself for getting the time delay stuff all fixed up!

- CHANGES -
* fixed refresh when starting the script
* fixed refresh issues when adjusting the menu bar
* cleaned up the code
* minor graphical changes
* fixed time delay issues!!!
* resolves memory issues
* time consistency
* added dialog for running more than one instance of the script

- BUGS -
* taskbar is not adjusting properly near the end

http://www.geocities.com/chaos945/Files/StartClock_1.04.zip

Your Yahoo based/Geocities based addie don't work!

Maybe it is here: http://www.geocities.com/chaos945/files/StartClock.zip
Thanks for the file. Seems under classic windows to have no stretch problem. Has enough for adding seconds also, hint hint.

Think I've found a bug. When StartClock is running, the tool tip when hovering the forum links does not work.
Pic1 shows tips when clock isn't running
Pic2 shows it when it is
Both are when the mouse is hovering the StartClock thread link.

I've seen this happen for a few boards.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 59
LMAO, the page is covered in NTFS related spelling errors...it was a long night.

New versions and changes will be posted on the website.

a1ehouse said:
Think I've found a bug.

What browser? You using the latest StartClock?

/note
I managed to simulate the 'bug' with Internet Explorer, Firefox seems to work fine though. :)

Only thing I noticed is when running the program, I could not double click on the icons in systray to open them. I had to right click and select open.

Hrmm, interesting. I'm working on a few major changes, should fix up most issues people seem to be having.

What Visual Style are you using?

Right now using SilverMAX, but it does it on others. Sometimes if I click on the icon repeatedly, more than twice, the program will show. Nice feature you are working. Hopefully the problem I am experiencing can duplicated and fixed. :)

ziptrx said:
Sometimes if I click on the icon repeatedly, more than twice, the program will show.
This happens with me also. Have to triple click the icon in the systray!!

chaos945 said:
What browser? You using the latest StartClock?
Yup - latest from your new site, using IE6 with all the updates.
:eek:

Just an update, changed loads of stuff in the last 2 versions, most major bugs are addressed.

Don't know about the 2 bugs you guys are having, kind of strange, I'll see if I can figure them out; I couldn't get that tray double clicking bug duplicated. A detailed reference of your system and running processes would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Also added by popular demand is the ability to customize the program easily, done via the included INI file. Some features have not yet been deployed as some major code revisions are necessary to implement them. Soon enough though.

Please let me know if anyone has any trouble connecting to my site.

/Note
Just a FYI, the program has been downloaded in the area of 1500 times since the 9th of May. I hope you are all enjoying it. :D :eek:

Seems to be working fine now chaos945. Getting tools tips and double clicks work. Keep up the good work! ;-)

chaos: next release make a new thread. I will move it to the downloads section and get it on the frontpage :) really will this time, have written it on my hand and everything.

StartClock - Revision 040518

This program will completely replace the tray clock on the right hand side of your start menu bar by replacing the 'start' text with the current time.

To access the date/time menu press CTRL+ALT+D, to exit the script press CTRL+ALT+X.

Changes
  • added INI configuration for easy customization of StartClock
    - 24HourClock ; turns on 24 hour clock
    - 12HourClock_WithSeconds ; turns seconds on 12 hour clock
  • cannot double click on the icons in systray to open them. Resolved?
  • when StartClock is running, the tool tip hovering forum links does not work. Resolved.

Official Homepage

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back