Start Your GeForce FX Conspiracy Theory Here

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
Heres my go....

I wonder what will come out first - 3DMark 2003 or the Geforce FX. Why? Well, this is gonna be the first REAL test of the FX against other Direct X 9 cards like the ATI Radeon 9700 pro. I heard from my souce in the pentagon that Nvidia are delaying the launch of the FX not because they have issues with software or hardware, pffff, the cards been ready for months, but because they havent got their dirty hands on a copy of this Benchmarker yet, so they havent had a good chance to, ahem, doctor their drivers to "influence" 3DMark 2003 into giving them more favorable results.

According to my other source at ATi though, fururemark are actually holding back 3DMark 2003 in an effort to prevent nvidia from doing just that. So who will back down first, Nvidia with the GeForce FX or Futuremark with 3DMark 2003?

Think about it both products have been delayed for ages - it all makes sooo much sense now.

;)

lol thats a new one :)

I thought it was more to do with architectural changes and revisions to overclock and run overclocked with the massive heatsink... thereby heat problems needed to be solved...

architectural changes coz the 9700pro was better than they expected and then the changes caused further delays coz they were boneheaded... trying to fit a square block into a circular hole so to speak... cept they kinda managed to do it @ the end :)

lots of theories out there, i'm sure. no way to tell what's the real story.

but for a while now i've been wondering why 3dmark2003 hasn't been released yet. :huh:

Originally posted by taurus
lots of theories out there, i'm sure. no way to tell what's the real story.

but for a while now i've been wondering why 3dmark2003 hasn't been released yet. :huh:

no dx9 components perhaps?

thats the only thing I can think of... cept dx9 has been out a month and r300 cards for almost 6 months :)

yeah, i woulda expected 3dmark2003 to be released within days of dx9... but nothing yet.

Im telling ya guys - my first post says it all - no DX9 components, pfff, and the Radeon 9700 pro is.....

All I can say is the pentagon dude, the god damn pentagon.

:D

Now gimmie some more conspiracy theories - the madder the better - lets have some fun whilst we wait.

just wanna say that...
elvis is dead! and so is tupac! and we DID land on the moon!

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Im telling ya guys - my first post says it all - no DX9 components, pfff, and the Radeon 9700 pro is.....

All I can say is the pentagon dude, the god damn pentagon.

:D

Now gimmie some more conspiracy theories - the madder the better - lets have some fun whilst we wait.

:)

dx9 itself was released not too long ago :)

/me opens up a box of x-files

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back