start up - taskbar

B

banter

I have had xp prof for a while and think it's great...but a while ago when i started my computer up and logged in the tarkbar frose and i couldn't do anything. when i put the mouse pointer over the taskber it displayed the busy pointer. it stays like this for about 5 mins then returns to normal.

i have no taskbar customizations and have disabled most programs.

can anyone help !

every time

it happens almost every time i start up !

I am assuming it's the famous network card pause.

I just don't turn on my DSL modem, til everything is loaded.

Flame me if this isn't the problem :D

Hey, I have the EXACT same problem. I narrowed this down to the sound card. I didn't get any good help from anyone here, not that they didn't try, just none of the ideas fixed the problem. I have two SBLIVE cards, ones a standard and the other is a 5.1. The problem exists on both cards. I've tried various drivers to no avail. If I take the sound card out, it works fine.

I bet that the windows start sound doesn't happen until after the 5 minutes.. right ;)

If you come up with a solution let me know. You can find my other posts in here. Just search for Hang or Pause. I posted recently.

-Pete

Anyone know if this might be fixed in SP1, or if Microsoft is even aware of it? It happens to me only when I use PPPOE at home with DSL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back