Start Up Music

Control Panel > Sounds.

Are you trying to add a new theme? There are several to choose from if you are a Vista user. You can also browse to a custom .wav file you select and have it as the sound for the event you want to assign it to.

Personally, I turn off all system sounds :smoker:

Our start up is Kenneth Williams Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me! from Carry on Cleo :laugh:

hmm...
member since 2002
over 10,000 posts
admin status
doesn't know how to change the startup sound?
really?

Can you change Window start up music, how?

Do you mean the duh-duh-duh or whatever sound when you boot into XP?

The lazy way I always did it was to rename the original .wav file to "Windows XP Startup.wav.bak" and then take whatever replacement file I wanted and converted it to .wav format and then rename it to "Windows XP Startup.wav". You'll find this file in "C:\Windows\Media\" or whatever the relevant Windows install directory is. I used to use the THX sound. :)

The Logon sound can be changed, too: Windows XP Logon Sound.wav

HTH!

it is the same way in XP as in Vista under control panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices Properties

Attachments

• sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 112
Yep that's it graeme86. Thanks everyone who replied

Wow, I replied first and I don't even get a personalized thanks?

:(

/wrists

makes me laugh how he states the join date and amount of posts :p

hmm...
member since 2002
over 10,000 posts
admin status
really?

I know people who can tell you every peace of hardware in there system and will argue with you about the best programs to buy, but yet can not even turn on a pc (these are also the same people who run two or three diff antivirus programs at the same time, have about six anti-spyware programs installed and running at the same time, have three different firewall programs running at the same time, need to reformat once a week and can not for the life of them figure out why there pc takes an hour to boot up (after they spend a half hour looking for the on button) and why it runs so slow with all that ram they have). So, what does her not knowing how to change the start up music have to do the price of tea in china ???

Just because she doesn't know how to do one thing does not mean that she can't do another...

What is most frightening/irritating about this thread is that it contains 16 posts. One of those posts was the original question. Three posts were replies on how to actually change the sound. One post was made by a complete nitwit. The remaining 10 posts are focused on that one annoying fool who made a stupid post or other stuff. Now that is sad.

:rolleyes:

hmm...
member since 2002
over 10,000 posts
admin status
really?

she is the "Queen of Farts" though, what have you done with your life? Thought so...

Last edited:
Makes me contemplate this plugin

[edit]Hah! I pasted his post in here and the result seems apposite... I wonder if they'll make a Vbulletin plug in, that would be something to see EP put on :p [/edit]

What is most frightening/irritating about this thread is that it contains 16 posts. One of those posts was the original question. Three posts were replies on how to actually change the sound. One post was made by a complete nitwit. The remaining 10 posts are focused on that one annoying fool who made a stupid post or other stuff. Now that is sad.

:rolleyes:

and we have yours commenting on how sad all the other posts were....:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back