Start Menu

G

George

IS there any way to add a folder or a shortcut to the right side of the menu where the contorl panel, find, run and other commands are?

Easy with the classical start menu (THE start menu)

Right Click.

Properties.

Customize.

Add.

Browse > Find what you want to make a shortcut for.

There ya go.

Originally posted by AlecStaar

I think he means on the Start menu in the Luna style one... on the righthand side where HELP & SUPPORT, RUN, & SEARCH appear...

* From looking around the registry today for that, I strongly suspect it is GUID controller (those long funky numbers you see in brackets all over the registry)...

How to add one there!

:)

APK

P.S.=> This has me curious now, WAY curious also! apk

Exactly that yes ...

i have tried with Xsetup and other tweak programs .. none has this option.

Well if you didn't know this allready you can drag an icon to the start menu and have the link there.. on the Left hand side. Hope that is some help

Yes, you could just drag em to the start bar in EARLIER versions of Windows, but you cant do that in XP, or my xp is acting weird.

You _cant_ just drag em' to the start button

Any news to this topic? :confused:

Has anybody found a way to achieve this?

1) You *can* drag shortcuts from desktop or elsewhere direct Start button in XP.

2) In the new style menu, that list of 'most recently used programs' (default 20, but up to 30 of them) is pretty useless. (See my separate post here, advising that it doesn't include programs started from the Quick Launch icons, for example.) So I suggest removing it by making number = 0. That leaves space for *pinning* programs.

3) To pin a program: Start > All Programs then click until you reach the program. Then use r-click menu to Pin to Start Menu.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

What I'm talking about is the right column in the "new" start menu.
I want to modify and add stuff under "My Documents", "My Pictures", "My Music" and "My Computer".
Can't drag'n'drop anything there....

Would've been great to have My Games and My Downloads.

:)

Anyone? AlecStaar?

One more time: YES you can! Well, on the top *left* rather than top right - but that's a trivial difference. Just do this:
1) Open My Documents (or wherever you have \My Games)
2) Lefy click and drag to the Start button
3) Keep it there for a second or so, until you see it appear.

Voila.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

We all know how to do it on the left side ... but guess what .. we want to do this on the RIGHT side .. /see Control pannel, My computer, My documents, Run..., etc. etc.

Thnx 4 trying to help anyway :D

You can at least add one item to the right side of start menu by using Brander XP (http://kickme.to/chrissnook). I added a shortcut to regedit. Don't know whether it is possible to put several items in it.

Ok, if you goto start menu properties and click on the start menu tab and then the customize button (assuming you're using the luna menu) there are options to display/not display my docs, my music, my pics, etc.

I remember how much I hated how it always put a my pictures folder and my music, etc into my documents, as I like to arrange things for myself. Anyway, while searching I came across a way to get rid of these types of folders permanently, and in the process I think I also found how to make more of these "my ..." folders, like "my downloads" etc. So I believe, that maybe if you were to create these "my" folders in the right manner, they would appear as options under the customize menu, thus appearing in the RIGHThand portion of the start menu.

Whew. That was long.

Anyway, maybe someone else knows more about this and can elaborate, but in the mean time, I'm going to dig up everything I can on "my ..." folders and see if I can't help out.

Cause although I hate those kind of folders, I'm always up for a challenge.

Edit: Looks like yoyo beat me to it. Oh, well. If anyone's still interested, I could still try to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back