Start menu view

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I'm trying to customize my start menu. Here's the thing... I've got rid of most of the porgram folders and just have shortcuts to the actual .exe. No prob here, but now i still have a few folders (nero, avg, etc) that I want to keep as folders with the popout menu. Is there anyway to get these to sit alphabetically with the shortcuts?

PS. I have all my startup stuff in just one folder (all users). I am the only user on this box.

It will sort all the shortcuts (icons), but the folders get stuck at the top in their own list.

Yeah I know what you're talking about... that's a tough one. Windows always wants to group the folders and shortcuts separately when you arrange them, even if you don't set it to arrange by type. The only thing that came to mind was making the folders shortcuts themselves, but then that wouldn't allow them to branch out when you hovered over them. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

eh, at least I tried. I've tried both ways. And neither really satisfies me.

Just drag the folders up/down the menu where you want them. Works for me

I don't believe that there is anyway to do that. I also know what you mean when you said that they automatically rearrange themselves after a reboot. I've tried to do that before, since I have tons of shortcuts in my Start menu that I wanted to clean up. I searched everywhere for a way to do it, but I couldn't find anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back