Start Menu User Pic

K

Kafros

Hi there,i just installed winxp and i am wondering if there is any way i could get rid of the user pic in the start menu.Also,is there any way i could get rid of the space that has the user name and pic in the start menu?

Thanx :)

You can change to classic mode. Right click on any empty space on the task bar>>>properties>>>start menu>>>classic start menu

Thanx for your help,but i was hoping to keep the windowsXp theme:( .Oh well doesnt really matter that much!:)

Thanx again!

Might be another way that I'm not aware of...others will read the thread and tell you if there is.

the only thing thats happend with my xp start menu
is that i have the theme as clasic but with the big xp menu
and there is no pic there, just a name

you could try changing your user name so there is nothing there, but then that might affect the log on process if more than 1 person uses it.
cant be 100% sure about it but its worth a try

I don't think you can get rid of the space under your name in the start menu.

Originally posted by Kafros
Hi there,i just installed winxp and i am wondering if there is any way i could get rid of the user pic in the start menu.Also,is there any way i could get rid of the space that has the user name and pic in the start menu?

Thanx :)

Go to control panel, user accounts, under pick a task click "change the way users log on or off" remove the tick from "use the welcome screen" do NOT tick "use fast user swiching" when you restart your computer just a little box will pop up asking for your user name and password and when you log in there will be no picture next to your name on the start menu. Hope this help.:D

BTW...a neat little tip for those who didn't catch it!!

If you click the user picture on the Start menu, it takes you to your picture options, and subsequently the User Accounts control panel. OK, so it's a stupid tip......but I giggled when I found it.

"Hark....MS actually made a logistical shortcut !!"

:D

Mwa Ha Ha Ha.......

Man I gotta stop with the caffeine OD when I get home from work !!

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back