Start Menu Question

Camasii

OSNN Junior Addict
Okay....

I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I just cant' find a way. it's probably really simple but oh well, I'm slow :)

see in this picture....

start.jpg

it says 'Internet' in white and then the name of the program (internet explorer) in grey under it. Then, where you see Direct Connect, it says nothing. I tried adding a comment but to no avail. So what I want to do is for Direct Connect have "File Sharing" in white and then Direct Connect under it in the grey...

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated *wink wink* (sexual inuenddo..... oh yes)

-Tim

I doubt it's possible, but someone might prove me wrong if you're lucky ;)
The "Internet" and "Email" shortcuts in the Start Menu aren't regular shortcuts. Those are the only two that have the descriptions under them.

the way i do it, is this:

uncheck the two boxes circled in the picture...

then "Pin" your internet and email to the start mail, like any other application.

Originally posted by cpugeniusmv
the way i do it, is this:

uncheck the two boxes circled in the picture...

then "Pin" your internet and email to the start mail, like any other application.

That would only get rid of "Internet" and "Email." What he wants to do is add "File Sharing" to the DirectConnect shortcut, which is what I still think is not possible
;)

Originally posted by NetRyder
That would only get rid of "Internet" and "Email." What he wants to do is add "File Sharing" to the DirectConnect shortcut, which is what I still think is not possible
;)

OH, okay...didn't read the question very thoroughly...this has been asked a lot...oh well, it's out for anyone who wants to know :)

Yep :) I like having that there. I could make it all uniform with no labels but I want a label.. I think it would look nifty :) then I could prance around the house naked and proclaim myself a 1337est of h4x0rs!..... or something like that :)

Originally posted by Camasii
then I could prance around the house naked and proclaim myself a 1337est of h4x0rs!
Good thing it (seemingly) can't be done then! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back