Start Menu Context Menu

N

Not Bman

Alright, another question.

When u right click on the start menu you get options...

I use this program called Unlocker, which has to options to remove the context menu....where in regedit can I find this....or where abouts would this be?

that was kinda it, but this is what im looking to get rid off

and I can't find it in the registry

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember trying a program like that a while back. It had a process that ran in the background, make sure you don't have one as well that could be adding this entry.

Why not do a registry search for Unlocker?

Look to see if there is something similar to this in your reg.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\edit.Unlocker

Or
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\edit.Unlocker

Or something similar.

[edit]
Now this program is such a small program why don't you just leave it? It's not harming anthing is it? Plus from what I have read on it it's a pretty good little proggy. And if you have the assistant running it's using a total of 4300k of memory from what I read on some other forums :eek: with some posts about this proggy.

But doesn't it have an uninstaller or isn't it listed in the "Add or Remove Programs" thingy in the Control Panel?

Last edited:
He wants to remove it because he just wants to - I wreckon he wants to keep the program but ditch the context menu :)

That's the thing this proggy when it installs goes into the context menu. So if he wants to keep it... wait keep in what way. Keep it installed but without the context menu thingy? If so I don't think you can, this is mostly the way the proggy works.

This be the proggy:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Last edited:
Oh yeah - good point. AFAIK from when I used this, that was the only way to access it.

Yep. I have used it also. I get that damn "can not delete" shiit every so often after I do an install of something. Just got one a couple of weeks ago with an update of Thunderbird. The auto updater got fuzzy and wouldn't update so I D/L and installed the old fashioned way. Then if you want to delete the damn thing it doesn't let you. Only option other that the Unlocker is to either reboot or log off and then back on.

O.K. I'm goin on and on here. :nervous:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back