• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Start Menu Context Menu

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Alright, another question.

When u right click on the start menu you get options...

I use this program called Unlocker, which has to options to remove the context menu....where in regedit can I find this....or where abouts would this be?

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
that was kinda it, but this is what im looking to get rid off

and I can't find it in the registry

Last edited:

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
I remember trying a program like that a while back. It had a process that ran in the background, make sure you don't have one as well that could be adding this entry.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Look to see if there is something similar to this in your reg.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\edit.Unlocker
Or
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\edit.Unlocker
Or something similar.

[edit]
Now this program is such a small program why don't you just leave it? It's not harming anthing is it? Plus from what I have read on it it's a pretty good little proggy. And if you have the assistant running it's using a total of 4300k of memory from what I read on some other forums :eek: with some posts about this proggy.

But doesn't it have an uninstaller or isn't it listed in the "Add or Remove Programs" thingy in the Control Panel?

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
He wants to remove it because he just wants to - I wreckon he wants to keep the program but ditch the context menu :)

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
That's the thing this proggy when it installs goes into the context menu. So if he wants to keep it... wait keep in what way. Keep it installed but without the context menu thingy? If so I don't think you can, this is mostly the way the proggy works.

This be the proggy:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Last edited:

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Yep. I have used it also. I get that damn "can not delete" shiit every so often after I do an install of something. Just got one a couple of weeks ago with an update of Thunderbird. The auto updater got fuzzy and wouldn't update so I D/L and installed the old fashioned way. Then if you want to delete the damn thing it doesn't let you. Only option other that the Unlocker is to either reboot or log off and then back on.

O.K. I'm goin on and on here. :nervous:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix