Start Dial-up On Start-up

B

bill g

How can I set my DSL to dial in at start-up? Currently it only does it when I run IE, so I have to start IE to let any other app access the net.
thanks,
bill g

Well, if IE dials up when it is opened, you could simply drag a URL shortcut into your Startup folder. When the system starts up, it will open IE. If what you say is true, then it will also dial-up and load the page you specified. If this works, you wouldn't need any third party apps.

much better idea scriptasylum....

and why does enyo's avatar involve a swastika?

You Dial Up to DSL? Thats kinda wierd.... I thought DSL was instant on and always on? Thats how mine is anyways...

Originally posted by baser5nature
much better idea scriptasylum....

and why does enyo's avatar involve a swastika?

It does? Even if it did contain a swastika, its not that bad. The nazi's just spoilt what it meant.
"The Swastika" is the oldest cross and emblem in the world. It forms a combination of four "L's" standing for Luck, Light, Love and Life. It has been found in ancient Rome, excavations in Grecian cities, on Buddhist idols, on Chinese coins dated 315 B.C., and our own Southwest Indians use it as an amulet.

Source-> http://www.luckymojo.com/swastika.html :)

Yes, I want to know why you dial up dsl as well :confused:

Thanks for replies guys.
Yeah, the DSL has to do the dial thing or the connection isn't there. The lights on the modem are both green prior to the dial-up meaning that it's hooked to the DSL, but if the dial-box doesn't run I can't get on.
I looked at RASDIAL but it seemed like a hassle. I'll try a shortcut to the dial-up thing in the StartUp folder.
bill g

the swastika comes out more in the negative space around the lighter blue pattern... i'm not complaining... just being observant...

Originally posted by baser5nature
the swastika comes out more in the negative space around the lighter blue pattern... i'm not complaining... just being observant...

No probs, still can't see it though, he he, must be blind :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back