start button alteration

P

phrenic

Hey, I read the tweak on this site for altering the start buttom and downloaded the alternate color buttoms and eerything, but noticed that the guide leaves out how to actually change the button, not the next or the windows logo, but the actually button itself....

anybody care to help?

if you looked a little harder im sure you would have found it on this forum;)...but here we go

download and install the uxtheme.dll patch from tgt soft then browse to the folder windows\resources\themes (you may need to change folder settings to show hidden files)

copy the Luna folder and rename it so something like "MyTheme"
open this folder and rename luna.msstyles to (whatever you called your folder).msstyles for example "MyTheme.msstyles"

open this file with reshack

select action->replace bitmap from the menu bar

scroll down till you find colour_startbutton_bmp where colour is the name of colour scheme u are using (blue, homestead or metallic) .......you can change all three if you want

select it and press the open file with new bitmap button and pick the new bitmap that you want to replace it with. save the file and exit the hex editor.......go to display properties and click the appearance tab. You should now have two instances of "Windows XP style" in the first drop down menu. One of them will be the modified one. Thats all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back