Star Wars: I didn't realise the new changes were so extensive...

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

4-07-1997.jpg
4-07-2004.jpg

5-02-1997.jpg
5-02-2004.jpg

6-02-1997.jpg
6-02-2004.jpg

Last one is a mistake imho, I don't see how it fits in at all, but the others very impressive!

the last one is not a mistake...

they edited hayden in to add consistency to the whole plot from the first movie...

also you will note (per the grapevine) that when vader removes his helmet his eyebrows no longer exist... they were singed off when he fell into the pit...

I love the changes...especially the emperor talking to vader in a new hope...you can actually see the emperor and in the shot of the front of his face it doesn't look like he had a long night drinking the night before

The point of the last one is that Anakin "died" when he became Vader so when his essense goes in the light side of the force he becomes the person he was before he became Vader

Remastering is one thing, but when you start removing eyebrows to make the story more accurate it has gotten out of hand. I fear that old Georgie has gone off a very deep end, and this does not bode well for the next Star Wars movie, especially in regards to the last 2 fiascos.

I’m sure the fanboys are just beside themselves with delight.

I don't think the eyebrow thing is too bad considering if they show it in ep 3 than it automatically ads to teh continuity of the series in the dvd remastered collection...

were he to redefine story elements rather than cosmetic changes to allow for continuity I would have a problem but as is I don't see anything being changed...

stuff like he added for the ridiculous song and dance number in the VHS release of the remastered originals were crap... minor changes like this are fine tbh...

oh my god that dance number was awful...plus they changed the song at the end of the Return of the Jedi that was the best song in all of SW...I almost cried!

I wont be buying it since Lucas cant seem to stop his updating... give it another few years and he will redo all of them with no live actors... the films should be left alone. IMO.

Khayman said:
The point of the last one is that Anakin "died" when he became Vader so when his essense goes in the light side of the force he becomes the person he was before he became Vader

Perhaps, but I seem to remember that Luke does indeed bring his father back to the light side just before he dies...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back