Star Wars Galaxies

chris

Free to Fly
Has anyone played this yet?

Some copies came into work this morning and i've been thinkin about giving it a go but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it so far.

I have not played it but I will buy that I am an avid star wars fan :D

thinking about it, but the monthly fee puts me on the wall.

I've played it and cancelled my service. After you get past all the smooth graphics you will see there really isnt a game to be played.

I was in Beta and I have seen this game grow by leaps and bounds, but it is far far from being a game for the masses.

I absolutely love the game. I played Dark Age of Camelot for just over a year and I switched to SWG when I was invited into Beta. SWG allows quite possibly the most varied character development system in a MMORPG to date. Virtually no avatar looks the same, unless they are wearing matching armor, but there are still differences in body size, style, shape, and most apparent - Species.

Right now SWG does not have an overwhelming amount of content and there are still a lot of bugs, but unless you are a hardcore gamer planning on playing the game more than 8 hours a day trying to be uber, there is plenty of content already.

From Jabba's Palace on Tatooine to the treehouse villages on Endor, there is a massive universe to explore.

My character is a mix of many different professions. I can tame wild creatures like Dewback, Ronto, and Bantha. I have Master Scouting skills, I have some Medic skills, I am a pistoleer, I have some artisan skills in crafting, and I still have plenty of skill points to spend.

The first Month is free. If you are a fan of MMORPGs like EQ or DAoC - or if you are a Star Wars fan, The game is worth a try.

[edit] here is the GamePro official SWG Game of the Week Post
http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/30084.shtml

And the review is here -
http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/reviews/30053.shtml

My unc showed me it, it seems good, but i see a lot of bugs the same as when EverQuest was released over 3 years ago,

It needs much developing, I think they should of done that before releasing it in full,

And before you ask, he had it shipped over from the states to here so he can play it early :p

Skazzy

Well, I loved EQ so i ain't complaining, can anyone tell me what cards they accept? i am only 16 so have a solo and an electron card... anyone know? cos my mum never likes my little u pay and i'll pay u back ideas..

skazzy

Video Card
Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

GeForce 2 and above Nvidia Chipsets are supported. I don't know about ATI or Matrox

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back