Star Button!!

S

SC|SSORSS

I have change my start button !!

But .. when i reopen my PC ... it came back on original one !!

Anyone know how to keep it modified !?!

( sorry for my poor english )

How did you change it?

If you used a resource hacker, its most likely System File Protection replacing your file with the original.

How to remove file protection -

Start > Run :

Type : %windir%\system32\restore\filelist.xml

Here, add the following between the two first <Exclude>'s

<REC>%windir%\filename.exe</REC>

Where filename.exe is the name of the file you have been modifying ofcourse.

I would add of course, that disabling SFP may cause more problems than a funky start button in the future...:)

Its not something I'd recommend, but thats up to the user, I guess...

This is the way i did it, i used resource hacker, opened up explorer.exe, made the changes i wanted, ctrl-alt-del end explorer.exe, in resource hacker, save explorer.exe, in the ctrl alt del menu, file, new task, run explorer.exe

Speed4Ever :

Disabling file protection for one file dosnt cause any problems, in this case explorer.exe-

I've had this tweak ever since i explained how to do it on the old forum, and have had no problems whatsoever that had any connection to my start button.

Originally posted by ExWhap
Speed4Ever :

Disabling file protection for one file dosnt cause any problems, in this case explorer.exe-

I've had this tweak ever since i explained how to do it on the old forum, and have had no problems whatsoever that had any connection to my start button.

I apologize, my mistake.

I wasnt aware that you could manually disable SFP for just one file.

:)

While on topic, and saving me from posting a new thread. What s the easiest way to change my start button? I got the pack from the downloads section, and want to try them out.

I would like to not install yet another program just to do it, but if I have to I suppose I will. Can't I just edit my reg or something?

Originally posted by fallguy
While on topic, and saving me from posting a new thread. What s the easiest way to change my start button? I got the pack from the downloads section, and want to try them out.

I would like to not install yet another program just to do it, but if I have to I suppose I will. Can't I just edit my reg or something?

Yeah.. How do you change the color of the start button without having to install StyleXP og windowblinds!?

I've got ResHack og the startbutton pack.

Damnit! I thought it was possible to change the color, but i guess not!
:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back