star bucks coffee question

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I drink my coffee black, no cream, no sugar, no little brown straw.

Star bucks coffee gives the sides of my tongue a sweetness.

I assume this has something to do with the caffeine, but this doesn't happen with expresso or Turkish coffee for me and I was wondering if anyone else has the same sensation

anyone care to venture an explanations why I taste sweetness, I welcome the hypothesis

Last edited:
They are using Arabica coffee. I have the same coffee beans Starbucks has at home, and I get what you call a "sweetness" it has to do with the coffee bean used, and the way they are burnt.

When I drink dutch coffee, from Douwe Egberts, I get the same taste, coupled with a taste of bitter.

I drink my coffee black.

I tried coffee once when I was 16. I took one sip and thought it was disgusting, tasted like burned hot chocolate. Never tried it again :s

I typically stay away from coffee.

I am more into tea :cool:

A little lemon/ginger tea with honey :smoker:

I'd say my favorite hot drink is Hot Chocolate - which is good cuz I can have all i want from work for free, with marshmellows :)

kcnychief said:
I tried coffee once when I was 16. I took one sip and thought it was disgusting, tasted like burned hot chocolate. Never tried it again :s

hmm I have the same view of coffee. Disgusting, and believe it or not I like Hot Choc as well tho I rarely have any marshmellows around.

When you think about it, coffee is crushed beans with water poured thru it. Doesn't sound too appetizing.

Most people don't drink it because of the appeal, it's the only thing that wakes people up :)

But I would say it has become more of a social drink these days, with those fancy coffee houses and latees and fancy flavors and whatnot.

I dont eat/drink what I dont like. I dont care about being a social drink :p

But you do make a good point.

Admiral Michael said:
I dont eat/drink what I dont like. I dont care about being a social drink :p

But you do make a good point.

Do you drink beer and/or other alcohol? Did you ever smoke?

Most people have a negative reaction the first time they try beer - yet they continue to consume it. Same thing with smokers..

Personally, I like the taste of coffee - black, no cream, no sugar. Granted, the first time I had it (in high school) was with the need to stay awake and I didn't enjoy the taste much - even loaded with cream/sugar.

I stopped drinking it for a long time (several years) but eventually there came a need to stay awake again several years later and foudn myself turning back to coffee. Strangely enough, after a long hiatus of not drinking coffee, I took coffee black and foudn that I liked the taste. Been drinking it ever since.

I had a similiar experience with beer - I had my first beer at ~12 years old. I almost spit the thing out. In highschool I watched friends get drunk and do really (and I mean REALLY) stupid things and told myself, "I'm never going to get drunk."

Around 20 years old or so, I was out with some friends playing basketball in the hot summer.. we came in and he brought out some beers and after 8 years, had my 2nd taste of beer - and like the coffee, I found that I actually enjoyed the taste. Been drinking beer ever since - although I am picky about my beer.. none of the crap cheap beer for me since I actually do drink it for the taste.

I still kept my promise to myself though, I have never drank enough alcohol to be drunk. :)

Pardon my saying so but Starbucks coffee sucks. I have had it in airports and shops all over and it all tastes like crap to me. But what I do like is. In the mood coffee. (See gallery for pictures) House roast, Italian Dark, Peaberry, Kona and Karma Sutra (a mix of coffees).

You take a fine grind and add four heaping tablespoons in a Bunn coffeemaker and set it to go. It stays good to drink for about 2 hours before it tastes like Strabucks coffee.

Brita filter my water for home coffee too. Its a serious thing.

Steevo said:
Pardon my saying so but Starbucks coffee sucks. I have had it in airports and shops all over and it all tastes like crap to me. But what I do like is. In the mood coffee. (See gallery for pictures) House roast, Italian Dark, Peaberry, Kona and Karma Sutra (a mix of coffees).

You take a fine grind and add four heaping tablespoons in a Bunn coffeemaker and set it to go. It stays good to drink for about 2 hours before it tastes like Strabucks coffee.

Can you say: O.C.D. ?

ob·ses·sive-com·pul·sive (?b-s?s'?v-k?m-p?l's?v, ?b-)
adj.
Relating to or characterized by a tendency to dwell on unwanted thoughts or ideas or perform certain repetitious rituals, especially as a defense against anxiety from unconscious conflicts: obsessive-compulsive behavior.
n.
An obsessive-compulsive person

mlakrid said:
Can you say: O.C.D. ?

ob·ses·sive-com·pul·sive (?b-s?s'?v-k?m-p?l's?v, ?b-)
adj.
Relating to or characterized by a tendency to dwell on unwanted thoughts or ideas or perform certain repetitious rituals, especially as a defense against anxiety from unconscious conflicts: obsessive-compulsive behavior.
n.
An obsessive-compulsive person

He's just a connoisseur of coffee ;)

Well, being as Starbucks is a huge, evil American company, I'd have to suggest that they are adding addictive substances to your coffee.

joeyg said:
Well, being as Starbucks is a huge, evil American company, I'd have to suggest that they are adding addictive substances to your coffee.

Well coffee by nature is addictive. At least the caffeine in it is. It's a drug.

mmmmm could be, remember the days when Coca-Cola had cocaine? "Get a kick out of Coke," used to be the slogan. Of course this was ended in 1912 but the parallels......

Steevo said:

I won't take offense at all - I agree with you on the quality of Starbucks coffee. It's been a while, but as I remember, Caribou coffee was quite a bit better than Starbucks

Cocoa beans == cocaine.

Coffee == legal cocaine ?!?! :smoker:

Here ya go Saz - have a little sniff :p

beans_1107.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back