star bucks coffee question

Sazar said:
Cocoa beans == cocaine.

Coffee == legal cocaine ?!?! :smoker:

LOL

Sazar dont be giving our gullible people here the idea that coffee beans are where cocaine comes from, that aint nice....

Cocoa aint coca

:laugh:

Admiral Michael said:
No, No and No. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I feel like such a goody two shoes. (Cept for the impress other's part!)
:laugh:

LOL

Well.. color me impressed!

:)

Geeeezuzzzzz. :mad:

This thread was about the after taste of a particular coffee. What does "I like this" or "I like that" and "I don't like" have anything to do with the question posted by perris?

Come on people.

Perris, in the roasting process there can be some differences due to the levels of roasting. There is a serious art to roasting coffee. Different types of coffee bean also have very different characteristics. I use to work for Folgers Coffee and Hills Bros Coffee back in the late '70s early '80s. I worked with the guys that roasted the "green bean" and also with the guys that created the instant.

Here check this site out. Gives a rough view on the roasting process.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/roasting-VisualGuideV2.html

This one too.

http://www.ringsurf.com/info/Food/Coffee/Coffee_Preparations/Roasting/

X-Istence said:
They are using Arabica coffee. I have the same coffee beans Starbucks has at home, and I get what you call a "sweetness" it has to do with the coffee bean used, and the way they are burnt.

When I drink dutch coffee, from Douwe Egberts, I get the same taste, coupled with a taste of bitter.

gonaads said:
Perris, in the roasting process there can be some differences due to the levels of roasting. There is a serious art to roasting coffee. Different types of coffee bean also have very different characteristics. I use to work for Folgers Coffee and Hills Bros Coffee back in the late '70s early '80s. I worked with the guys that roasted the "green bean" and also with the guys that created the instant.

but bio physically, what is it about the coffee that gives the sensation of sweetness?

is there a sugar bi product to any of these beans?

The red "meat" or fruit flesh that covers the coffee bean is sweet when ripe, and the actual sweetness is determined by.

1) Variety
2) Maturity
3) Roast
4) Growth locale

A darker rost results in a more bitter, dull taste. A lighter roast has a sweeter, more acidic taste.

Most coffee inported is Robusta type bean, not as flavored as the ligher Arabica bean. Robusta is found in Folgers, Maxwell House, etc... lower brand coffee's. While Arabica is found in everywhere from Millstone coffee, to the nice stuff grown in Hawaii.

Steevo said:
The red "meat" or fruit flesh that covers the coffee bean is sweet when ripe, and the actual sweetness is determined by.

1) Variety
2) Maturity
3) Roast
4) Growth locale

A darker rost results in a more bitter, dull taste. A lighter roast has a sweeter, more acidic taste.

Most coffee inported is Robusta type bean, not as flavored as the ligher Arabica bean. Robusta is found in Folgers, Maxwell House, etc... lower brand coffee's. While Arabica is found in everywhere from Millstone coffee, to the nice stuff grown in Hawaii.
great information steevo

but this sensation is a little backwards according to your facts;

the starbucks that gives me that sweet sensation is a very dark and vitter coffee

This is why:

Aged coffees, and some old crop, low-grown coffees, have little acidity and taste almost sweet.

Taken from here:

http://www.lucidcafe.com/glossary.html

Look under the "acidity" paragraph. But the whole thing is a good read.

I prefer Sumatran bean myself (got a couple of pounds I still have to grind up). Or a good Kona.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back