Standby sends millions of packets

A

adamg

After making my computer standby for five minutes, I woke it up, logged in and i came up with a notice saying "Local Area Connection 10.0 mbps", even though I have a 100 mbps network. So i click Status to check what speed it really is, and im met with the image.

Is this some known bug?

I never use standby and recommend against it. I doubt that is the cause though. That seems like trojan activity, have you scanned with Spybot, AdAware, and an AntiVirus program?

The thing is, it only happens while im in standby. After using my comp for two hours, i only have about 23,000. I tried standby-ing again and it happened again with the weird 10mbps message aswell.

It still could be a trojan that activates when the computer is idle or in standby mode, I donno, so I still ask if you have done spyware and virus scans?

sidenote: Standby, hibernation, have never worked right since M$ added that feature. I always recommend against it. The best thing to do is have your monitor shutdown after a specified period of time as that is what is chewing up the most power. You can also set the HDD to shut off after a certain time.

it sounds like standby is just interfering with your network card... why not try and reinstall the network card see if that happens.

i know that if i let my computer sit for too long, i get kicked off my dsl, and the "ip address" needs to be renewed.. so i have to restart to get online.. kinda funky.

This is an inaccurate report. Some counter has gone haywire. 2^32 = 4 294 967 296, which is very close to what that says. The extra packets are probably the real packets that have been sent through since you came back from standby. So this is most likely not a trojan or virus if you ask me.

My network is Intel Pro/100 onboard so i cant remove it. Yeah i think its just an inaccurate figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back