StandBy/Hibernate

OSNN Newbie
I have XP and whenever i try to put my PC Into Stand By mode it succsesfuly does it, but wen i bring it back to normal it freezes. When it comes back there's a blue screen and it says KERNEL something something error..How do i fix this so my computer can go in and out of shutdown/hibernating without this happeneing?

Not a solution, but I wouldn't use these features, they have never worked properly. Just set the Monitor and Hard Drives to turn off after a certain time.

Yeah, what J said. I have a machine where they work but most don't depends on the MB, etc.

j79zlr said:
but I wouldn't use these features, they have never worked properly.
Standby and Hibernate both work flawlessly on my old desktop and my Dell notebook.
huh.gif

You just have to use hardware and drivers that support it (hence the WHQL).

maybe they didn't install good when you were installing windows, reinstalling windows and select repair instead of install, so like that it would just replace all the files and leave eveyrthing else in tact, coz if you install it again it'll install a new registy and you're gonna have to install everything else again

in order to make standby and hibernate to work you need three things
1) correct graphics drivers
2) correct sound drivers
3) enough disk space to store the ram context if you are hibernating

Geffy said:
in order to make standby and hibernate to work you need three things
1) correct graphics drivers
2) correct sound drivers
3) enough disk space to store the ram context if you are hibernating
ooooh how do i know if i have all of the correct things?

12390 said:
ooooh how do i know if i have all of the correct things?
You could post your hardware specs, and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

what does the sound card have to do with hirbernating? i didn't know it was necessary

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back