Stand-alone dvdplayer on computer monitor?

G

G-Lizard86

Hey you guys, i've got a stand-alone dvd player from jvc (XV-523), and since my parents have nicked my television from me, i'm not able to play dvd's anymore, so my first question is how do i connect my dvd player either straight to, or via my pc to the monitor, and are there different options for doing this, or is it totally not possible.

I should imagine this is possible, you'd just need a scart to Monitor cable (can't remember the correct name) adapter.
You would also need a seperate amplifier and speakers for the sound too.

Couldn't you use VIVO, if your video card has that option? Then plug the sound into your sound card?

Well the dvd player is part of a set, together with a reciever for the sound ofcourse, i haven't got vivo on my videocard...but i'm gonna buy a tvcard soon...is that gonna work? and which one should i get..? i want one wit a remote for sure...

I watch TV like this.

I got a VCR on my desk, with inputs. I connect whatever to it, cable from TV, video game sys, DVD, and then from video out, I run a yellow wire from my sound card to the VCR, and use VIVO for viewing on the PC, with a small proggie called TV viewer. I need a vivo viewer still. :confused: :p

I may be stupid, but could someone explain VIVO to me. I've seen it come up before but never really looked into it.

It might be cheaper...

It might be cheaper to get a dvd player for your PC than to buy all the cables, adapters, etc. Here's one at PCWebShopper for $42.

Sony 16x DVD Drive

Originally posted by dreamliner77
I may be stupid, but could someone explain VIVO to me. I've seen it come up before but never really looked into it.
VIVO is Video In/Video Out.

Yeah but since i havent got a tv anymore....my parents nicked it...i want a tv card....with stereo tv and stereo radio....do those things have vid inputs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back