St.Anger

N

Not Bman

So what do you guys think about there new stuff. I hear that alot of people dont like it, but i myself accually like it alot! I havent really been a big fan but this stuff is pretty good.

I personally didn't like it... they seem to not have the same intensity they did.. plus this song doesn't really do anything for me :(

Originally posted by xsivforce
They have jumped the shark IMO.

Agreed... what a waste. I wonder if they even care how bad the album is doing.

Originally posted by PseudoKiller

:eeK:

how big is that sig pk ?

Originally posted by PseudoKiller

I must admit....I still didn't get their new album and have heard mixed reviews. Pseudokiller, u said the album is doing bad? How bad? Where did u read about it?

I'm going to see the Summer Sanitarium Tour in a few weeks when it rolls into Philadelphia. Planning on drinking alot of beer....skip Limp Biscuit and Linkin' Park and then head in to see Meltallica.

Bob Rock killed Metallica. Their last good album was Justice... I'm glad I didn't waste a penny on the new album. As much as they hyped it up as being like "old" Metallica, the only thing was truly like the Metallica of old is that the songs were long.... not good, just long.

Time for these sellouts to retire.

Am I the only one who thinks they sound like a crappy local band now? I loved Metallica... I certainly won't buy the new one. I had the pleasure of listening to the whole CD because the radio station here in Indy played it. If I hadn't heard the whole thing, I might have bought it out of curiosity. Now that I have heard it I won't waste my money...

A common opinion on early Metallica:

Love the music, hate the band.

Havent bothered with the new album.

One word covers everything they are about and have become...****.... and if i did want it id download it for free just so they dont get anything for it after all there greedynesss over napster i hope no one pays for it............what me bitter nah never o ya boycot france too lol

Originally posted by ntentz
One word covers everything they are about and have become...****.... and if i did want it id download it for free just so they dont get anything for it after all there greedynesss over napster i hope no one pays for it............what me bitter nah never o ya boycot france too lol

This is not about YOUR opinion of the band. This thread is about what you thought about the new album.

U2Penn Originally posted:
I must admit....I still didn't get their new album and have heard mixed reviews. Pseudokiller, u said the album is doing bad? How bad? Where did u read about it?

Check on Amazon where they sell the album 1447 reviews and a total of 3 stars. If you read some of them it can give you a good idea of how ppl are feeling. Even the ppl who would give it 4 stars were not real happy. They come off more as a fan then a critique. I was very disapointed w/ the album. Sound quality was horrible and the lyrics... to that I say 'What?' Very disapointed...

Well i think i made MY opinion pretty clear and im sry if i wasn't allowed to... but if not i feel the same about there new ablum as i do them and there prior releases, i have only cared for a very few of there songs in the first place and they ruined that with a bad attitude towards fans IMHO. And this new song is the worst by far dont they listen to thsi crap b4 the sell it to us man alive..... lol ....Make me Angry to listen to it, nothing but noise.... i never really was a fan but at least i could have called some older stuff music, this is pure trash.

its hard to tell if youre angry about the whole napster thing or the music they have put out. dont take it so personally.

NAh napsters been replaced by much better things as we all know just remember how they acted about the whole thing where other bands (limp bizkit is a good ex.) embraced the idea. And just imagine how much more money Metallic has made over LB. I for one dont feel sorry seeing the record comps suffer they desrve it for the years of overpricing, bands make the most of there money on tours anyway. But ill stop rambling this is way off the topic now lol. Bottom line St Anger should be an embarressment for a group who once was able to make at least decent music, only thing good about it is ... it like my rambling comes to an end at some point lol.

it was said they need to win there fans back, but i dont think that is going to happen :(

I will remain a metallica fan, but the ablum production quality is poor... I do apreciate the basslines of the new metallica but the rest is quite frankly awful, especially James Hetfield... is it just me or has he lost his voice?

nah, i havent seen any change in his voice. but what do i know ! lol

Originally posted by Valone
I do apreciate the basslines of the new metallica but the rest is quite frankly awful, especially James Hetfield... is it just me or has he lost his voice?

The bass player was formerly of Suicidal Tendencies, a far superior band, even in Metallica's best days. I'm not even sure which bass player from Suicidal it is, they had a few in their day and I haven't bothered to look into it b/c I would not waste time to find out any additional info on the new Metallica than I already know. Bob Rock produced it, therefor it is crap. He was also responsible for the mid/late 80's Motley Crue torture we all had to endure -- they were fine in the early 80's w/ Too Fast for Love and Shout at the Devil and then here comes Bob on Theater of Pain and the downward spiral began.... same with Metallica. Bob Rock comes along for the "black album" and it was all over for Metallica.

As for Hetfields vox, I'd completely agree. He has no voice anymore. And what's with the drums on this album? On most of the tracks it sounds like they were either A) playing a steel drum or B) it was recorded in a room with tin walls. Either way it sounds horrible.

I will disagree with you upon several points,

Metallica is a legend for a reason.

Bob Rock did definitely effect Metallica but we all have to grow up and that's exactly what Metallica did with Load/Reload. They were excellent efforts, while some songs were medicore they definitely demonstrated the fact that they are a very talented group, especially in the guitar/vocal area.

I have listened to St. Anger extensively and I don't think James has lost his voice at all, I think it sounds bad due to the fact of horrible production and well, it's all too hard for James anymore... and I respect that.

I eagerly anticipate the next ablum because I honestly think it will be the last make or break for their career, though I am confident they have learned alot with St Anger and I really hope they bring this new style to the next release with some better production quality and perhaps less filler.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back