squirrelmail inbox from Windows to Linux

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Was wondering if someone has done this.

I had a Windows2003Server as an email server with squirrelmail.

I have now moved onto a linux sever (UnbuntuServer 8.10 64bit) with a fresh squirrelmail install.

I am wondering if I can move the inboxes over. I did move the address books over, but can't figure out the inbox.

Thanks

Heeter

Use IMAP - setup imap accounts to new and old mailboxes - drag and drop mail from old to new account. You can do this with any gui based mail client - thunderbird, outlook, windows mail, etc.

LofLA,

Is there a good how to on this, I cannot seem to locate one.

trying to figure out how to use this to transfer my email inboxes.

Heeter

IMAP setup is the same as POP3 setup - once you have setup your email program to access the two accounts just drag and drop.

Why do you need a how to for this?

Thanks LofLA,

I can see that working with the Thunderbird desktop client setups, but I can't figure out how this can be done through squirrelmail webmail setup.

Maybe I can't see the forest from the trees here.

Heeter

You can't do it with Squirelmail, instead you need to use an IMAP enabled client and transfer between both and then you can use your webmail again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back