Square-Enix/Nintendo Collaboration?

Jestermask

WinTMBG Professional
Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me...

A couple people I know have told me that Sony has put out a press release or something that states that they are planning on moving the Final Fantasy legacy back to Nintendo consoles. Apparently they're more impressed with the GameCube's hardware offerings (such as FSAA built-in) that they are foregoing prepping very many games for the PlayStation consoles, present and future (PS3 included).

Can anyone say for certain they have seen this? It'd be pretty sweet if you ask me, because FF games have always been better on a Nintendo console, if you ask me. ;)

Thanks for the help and discussion.

~JM

Interesting indeed. As far as I now, the only FF game coming to Gamecube is FF: Crystal Chronicles. Needless to say, that would be a huuuuge break for Nintendo.

o.0
Hopefully that's true. It should give Nintendo an edge against Sony. I for one, would love to see Squaresoft (sorry I'm use to the old name) collaborate with Nintendo. Hopefully I can play some FF games without buying a PS... :D

I have to agree about the fact that it would be a huge step in the right direction once again for Nintendo. FF games just didn't seem like they played..."right" on a Sony console. Not only FF games, but Chrono Cross, too. Games that started out on a Nintendo system for their franchise business should stay where their roots are, in my opinion. I guess we'll see what happens.

Anyway, can anyone confirm or deny this whole thing and back it with a document?

~JM

I have given up hope on Square. Their most recent offerings and their merger with Enix Japan has and will send the company in a direction that many early FF and Chronotrigger fans will not like.

I wish them luck, but I will not follow the FF series if they move back to Nintendo. Nintendo itself has taken on a more childish route.

Give me my SNES and my original Playstation that I have to turn upside down to keep from overheating. :p

We will never see another Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 7.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back