spyware trashed my computer....HELP!!!!

System Restore is under System Properties>Restore tab. To get to System Properties either open Control Panel or right click on My Computer and select properties, or you can even hit WIN (Windows Key) and Break.

dirtyinternet said:
i cant delete system.exe!

For one, be sure it's not running in your Task Manager. It's possible that when you end the process it will just start back up again. In that case, you'll either need to get rid of it with Spybot, by going into Safe Mode, or through the Command Prompt.

Again, I STRONGLY advise booting into Safe Mode, running all scans with Ad-Aware, Norton and Spybot. You should be able to remove anything leftover manually while in Safe Mode.

well im off to run more scans now that ive turned this system restore offf and then if its not better ill go into safe mode thanks again for everything

i dont quite know how to say this but .......... i love each and everyone of you! it worked running without system restore worked ive just gotta turn that back on. and its now back on. i have my computer back! what a day! but when i booted up i had this message saying that windows confiuration utility was being forced to run at start up bacause i did somthing and i should fix it or it will keep running so i cklicked a box at the bottom saying turn off Windows Configuration Utility at start up and stop showing this message. i hope at least one of you is a woman cause id like to marry you for this. who writes these trojans???!!!! im computer illitewrate but i know at least one person here can hack is it possible to find thse peoples addresses and hunt them down like the dogs they are???

Glad to hear that things are going better for you. I don't think that anyone who posted here is a woman, sorry! I'll tell you what you can do though, there is an icon to the left of each of our posts (it looks like scales) that you can click for each person that helped you. I'd encourage you to do that for anyone that has helped you out! :)

As for the System Configuration Utility... it always pops up after you have used it to edit something, so that's normal. Just choose for it not to come up each time and you'll be fine.

j79zlr said:
Post a HJT log, taking guesses here itsn't very helpful. http://www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip

I think we were pretty helpful. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back