SpyBot Search and Destroy Update

thanx friend of bill, and great to see you polyglory.

are you still a moderator over at the adaware support board
?

TYVM - got them and BTW - I ended up using the Safer Networking #1 (Europe) mirror. The Unido - Europe made Spybot quit responding again!

damnyank said:
TYVM - got them and BTW - I ended up using the Safer Networking #1 (Europe) mirror. The Unido - Europe made Spybot quit responding again!

What does that mean damnyank., since I updated Spybot the last time it never finds any spyware, Whats going on?

Same thing happened here w/Unido...although that's the first time it quit responding on me.

Smoke286 said:
What does that mean damnyank., since I updated Spybot the last time it never finds any spyware, Whats going on?
I'm talking about changing mirrors for downloads as shown the dropdown menu that I have circled on this screenshot.

I have heard others have had problems with Spybot not detecting anything after the Feb 02, 2004 update - but I understand that this update corrects that - of course I had none detected as I had just run AdAware the night before!

Attachments

• Spybotscnshot1.jpg
    Spybotscnshot1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 69
Yea, I had to use the USA mirror, the default just caused it to lockup

dreamliner77 said:
Use both of them. They both find stuff the other doesn't

I use them both too.

Personally, ad aware basic hangs or sometimes does not respond.

Spy bot has a lot of other features ad-aware does not have.

I prefer spybot search n destroy.

I think soon it will become a shareware.

dreamliner77 said:
Use both of them. They both find stuff the other doesn't
I agree 100% - sometimes I run AdAware first and finds stuff with Spybot - other times I run Spybot first and find othre things with AdAware and sometimes it doesn't matter which one I use first - I find nothing with the second one!

Maybe the first one removed the things the second one would have found if you had run the second one first!

Lee said:
Maybe the first one removed the things the second one would have found if you had run the second one first!

but if he ran the second one first, wouldnt that make the first one running second the second time after the first one runs? which makes it pointless... blah, its too hot in LA.

Spyware seems to be enough for me.I dont usually find anything w/adaware pro after runnin spybot.Like your new av damnyank.Nice one you got there too ThePatriot. :)

IMO spybot works much better than ad aware. had a lot of trouble with ad aware. love spybot..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back