Spy-free Kazaa??

B

busto

Anyone know where i can get a spyware-free version of Kazaa...I know I say someone talking about it not too long ago

It's interesting to note that they say that they have to include a "dummy" version of a .dll known to be a part of Cydoor spyware. The file name is "cd_clint.dll" - you can dig through the properties of it. Every time I run my Ad-Aware 5.8 it detects it as a Cydoor component. I haven't deleted it yet, but of course, I have no way of knowing if it's really just a dummy file, or if its doing something extra. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know...

TuMbRaS :D

kazaalite and any spyware free version of kazaa/grokster has to include cd_clint.dll or else the program refuses to run, ad-aware detects files soley by name it does not expect the actual file, if you open up the dll you'll see it says dummy in it and is filled with junk, if you remove it kazaa/grokster won't run. the spyware companies believe this makes it harder to remove stuff but someone always finds a workaround.

Originally posted by TuMbRaS
It's interesting to note that they say that they have to include a "dummy" version of a .dll known to be a part of Cydoor spyware. The file name is "cd_clint.dll" - you can dig through the properties of it. Every time I run my Ad-Aware 5.8 it detects it as a Cydoor component. I haven't deleted it yet, but of course, I have no way of knowing if it's really just a dummy file, or if its doing something extra. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know...

TuMbRaS :D

i've seen the source code, its a dummy file, not spyware

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back