spots on my screen

L

lee_uk

when i am in windows i keep getting small spots on my screen what do u think it could be?

Maybe you're eating near your screen and some of your food is splattering on it. :D

i have a CRT screen and they pink spots i think they are square

Press the degauss button to clear up the dark spots (if that's what they are). If you have un-shielded speakers near the monitor, move them away from the monitor. Move any regular home speakers or any magnetized devices if they are close to the monitor.

You also could have dead pixels and they occure with LCD monitors and with CRT monitors. Some pixels on a brand-new LCD screen could be dead, and show as black spots, or can be stuck on one color (red, blue, or green), or even be stuck on one level of brightness, and so appear brighter or dimmer than the surrounding pixels. But this also occures with CRT Monitors.

[edit]
You say they are pink spots...

Try reading this...

http://www.eizo.com/support/faqs/crt/qa05.html

i would say about 2 years what is the degauss button

Originally posted by lee_uk
i would say about 2 years what is the degauss button

Ooooh dear... :p

Ever wonder what that "degauss" button on your monitor does besides make a buzzing noise and cause the screen to go crazy for a second? Though that's its main purpose, the degauss button has another useful feature. To understand it, you'll first need to know that the earth has natural magnetic fields. The magnetic charges from these fields can build up inside your monitor, causing a loss of color accuracy. Degaussing scares the bad magnetism out of the monitor and fills it with good karma. If your monitor doesn't have a degauss button, fear not -- many new monitors automatically degauss themselves. If you have a flat-panel display, there is no degauss button because magnetism doesn't build up in flat screen displays.

Try resetting your screen colors down a notch. I had a problem when I had mine set to 32 bit color. little dots all over on boot up. I reset it to 16 bit an now they are gone. Might help.

If u need to set your color to 16 bits to get it to work right boy is it time for a new crt

I ahve a fuzzy spot on my screen that has appeared and my screen is a 17 inch flat screen monitor...how do i get rid of that?????

No smartass comments either ...Im being serious...

Its only 3 weeks old too..

Alloy25:eek:

if its 1 dead pixel they wont replace it, flat screens you need about 6 to get an RMA done

Originally posted by lee_uk
Here was what my screen looks like with the pink spots

Looks like your color is set to "High Color" instead of "True Color". Try increasing the color depth. Right click your desktop, click "Properties", go to the "Settings" tab, and increase your color depth.

EDIT: lol...I just read this.

Originally posted by wingman411
Try resetting your screen colors down a notch. I had a problem when I had mine set to 32 bit color. little dots all over on boot up. I reset it to 16 bit an now they are gone. Might help.

I see the problem, you are using AOL. :D

Originally posted by Kermit
Did you ever overclock your vid card ?

This would definitaley cause the problem if the card was pushed too far for too long. If so, try reducing the clock speed to below the factory settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back