News Spotify now in USA

Spotify has landed in the U.S. Sign up to get your invite now - Spotify

Popular European music streaming service Spotify is now available in the US.

Free accounts are currently in an invite queue, if you don't want to wait premium accounts start at $4.99.

I currently have a Premium European account and must admit audio quality is superb through an Asus Xonar D2X via Yamaha DSP-AX620 and Audiotechnica ATH-M50 headphones or Mission 773(or 4 can never remember) floor standing speakers :)

Enjoy!

Been enjoying the free version since I got my invite and considering the premium version..

I got my free invite as well. I am liking it so far.

The one thing that I am noticing, though, is that there are tracks that you can not play in the US.

I received my invite and i agree on the sound quality.
Is the quality better for premium accounts than free?
I have a free account and notice that it is a little on the less than perfect side of quality (hooked up to a Denon surround system).
Still love it though.

Premium accounts have a high quality streaming option enabled here in the EU.

On a side note I now have a bar pop up saying I can give invites to US users. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll see how that works.

Premium accounts have a high quality streaming option enabled here in the EU.

On a side note I now have a bar pop up saying I can give invites to US users. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll see how that works.
Cool,
I really do like the program its cool that the playlist follows you wherever you sign in.

I don't think the audio quality on the free is all that bad. Then I'm not listening to the music through stereo speakers either.

a good pair of headphones (not in ear types) will highlight issues more readily than stereo speakers :)

I'm not saying the quality is bad, its definitely as good as listening to something over the radio. I just like 320k sound because with something less there is always just something that I pick out to sound less than perfect.

I'm not really complaining by any means though, its free and I've been using it on my media pc since I saw this thread. It's still definitely worth it! :)

not really :)

Missing audio information in lower bitrate lossy codecs becomes more an more noticable the lower you get :)

That's all great, but that's now how lossy codecs work. They work primarily by using masking and psychoacoustic modeling. They *may* use high or lowpass filters but unless you're a dog or a newborn, you probably can't hear this anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back