Spontanious reboot

E

ebe

The PC reboots (bluescreen now - to see the error message) very often, maybe once an hour. I get this message:

---o---
***STOP: 0x00000023 (0x000E100, 0xF3287524, 0xF3287224, 0x2EF99EA7)

Fastfat.sys - Adress F9959BC7 base at F9955000, Datestamp 3b7de38a
---o---

Can someone please help me? :)

Mainboard is K7S5A (Elitegroup)

Darn. I was hoping you'd say you had Windows 2000, that's the only thing I could find anything on. The fix for that was service pack 2. Have you been to windows update for all the hotfixes? I'll look around some more to see what I can find... hopefully someone will jump in and give up the solution to your problem.

I found one reference that suggested heavy fragmentation of the drive. Suggested procedure was to run a chkdsk /f on the drive and then defrag it... something to try.

Thank u very much Lonman. I'll try defragmenting and chckdsk /f and hope it will help. b.t.w.; running chkdsk was mentioned in the error message, and there were also an advice to disable anti-virus - which I have. I have installed updates.

I had a smilar problem. It turned out to be the scanner I had was not compatible with XP. I disconnected the scanner and no more problems (except that I can't use the scanner).

Ok, thanx. But I have no scanner, printer etc. attached to the PC. I have a Daytona GF2 mx 200 graphic card, K7S5A mainboard with sound from Elitegroup, duron 850 CPU, 256 SDRAM, a network card and an old CD-ROM

Thanx, but I run XP Pro. Can I use service pack for win2k anyway?

I think so too.. I got a tip to disable Plug and Play OS in BIOS. May that be a solution? yesterday I disabled COM-ports and some other things in BIOS and the computer hasn't had any reboots since.. But suddely it does... hope not :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back