Spoiler tags

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
I think we should have spoiler tags. It would be great in the movie section. Other sites have it and it works great. As always your decisions are best.:)

Was actually thinking of something like this, but want to base it from the quote tags, which I am currently thinking about,

Spoiler tags?.. like a sort of text or image tag on a thread title if it contains spoilers?

well table background for the quotes would be the same as the font colour of the text.

...so that you need to highlight the text with your mouse in order to be able to read it. ;)
Nice idea. Seen it on some other sites.

argh, thats lame.

We need to do what IBF does with its fast reply box.

It stays hidden, till you click the image to unhide it.

We could do the same thing easily.

Let me know if you need examples.

X-Istence: I could do something similar with javascript, but I hate javascript

I mentioned this ages ago, but nooooooo its not good enough!!!

:) hehe

its all good

there's a nice little vB hack I have called "lockdown" - users can make a post stick it in [lockdown] [/lockdown] - and someone can only view it *if* they reply to the post... quite neat.

MdSalih

Won't that bring on a lot of usesless posts though? People will just post basically nothing just so they can see it. Or am I way off track here?

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
Won't that bring on a lot of usesless posts though? People will just post basically nothing just so they can see it. Or am I way off track here?

you do have a point there.

MdSalih

IMO...I think the highlight would be better, because people won't post nonsense just to see what the poster has written. Plus that way if someone wants to post they can still post without seeing what was locked down, hence they would have to highlight it in order to read the spoiler.

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
IMO...I think the highlight would be better, because people won't post nonsense just to see what the poster has written. Plus that way if someone wants to post they can still post without seeing what was locked down, hence they would have to highlight it in order to read the spoiler.
Exactly. Nice, neat and simple. Its up to you to see what is written. Your not forced into it.

I used to frequent a movie forum that had spoiler tags . Highlighting the text wasn't a big deal, and it was pretty convenient when you wanted to read a review without having to be cautious of reading a spoiler.

I'd like to see more movie reviews in the Entertainment section, and so if we start seeing more activity it would be great to have these tags. Just my 2 pennies. :)

Well they are here at last in two flavours.

[spoiler /
The sky is blue, but has no goats

[spoiler title= /
The hairy baby sings!

Cool.

EP likes goats too much for his own good

Only took seven months to get going as well, very proud!

Not as much as Henyman likes cows, its quite scary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back