Splitting the connection bandwidth?

Cen0x™

OSNN Fanatic.
Good Evening folks!

Well here is my question .. I am experiencing a very annoying situation,

i am sharing my internet connection with my brother, he's much in games and stuff related to it .. and i am into internet surfing and downloads, well .. whenever i am starting to download something from say.. Bit torrent or from the web .. most of the bandwidth is being used by me and my bro is gettin' pissed off by having high pings in games ..so i wanted to know if there is any way i can split my internet bandwidth between us two ? so he gets his own speed and i am getting mine .. without disturbing each other .. using some kind of a software or a device ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There are software products that will throttle bandwidth to a PC. You could install it on yours. Actually most bittorrent clients will allow you to throttle the bandwidth. Get into set up and limit the download and upload torrent rate, the number of users allowed to be connected (that includes those qeued). I'm using sharazaa these days but there are newer ones recommended by the gang here at OSNN.

Bad news is I'm not sure if this will help your brother, especially with a bittorrent connection. Bit torrent sends many packets continuously checking status etc between all the users on the torrent, even when not downloading. This is going to produce some lag even when choked down by the software controls. Also some torrents and/or clients will not allow choking your bandwidth. You either won't be able to download or the redcution settings will be ignored.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back